Part-Time NIGERIA – “RESOURCES-POOLING” PROGRAM MANAGER – RLH COOP (M/F) – MAIDUGURI/ABUJA
Starting date: 01/02/2022
Type of contrat / length: fixed-term, Length: 11 months
Location: Abuja/Maiduguri, Nigeria/ Regional travels to be expected.
ABOUT THE MISSION
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is an international humanitarian aid association which, for nearly 40 years, has been providing assistance to populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters covering their vital needs: water, food and shelter. Being particularly committed to the fight against water-borne diseases, the first cause of mortality in the world, SI intervenes with an expertise in the fields of access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also that of food security and livelihoods. SI is present in around twenty countries; its teams – a total of 2,000 employees made up of expatriates, national staff, permanent employees at the headquarters, and a few volunteers – intervene with professionalism and commitment in the respect of other cultures.
RLH-coop. is a humanitarian logistics cooperative created 2021, currently regrouping 9 humanitarian organizations. Its main objective is to increase logistics efficiency through resources pooling.
All members of the cooperative actively participate in the recognition of logistics as a strategic pillar for humanitarian operations, through the implementation of projects pooling human and material resources. Based on inclusive governance and the mobilisation of the expertise of all its members, RLH Coop provides logistical support to all humanitarian partners through the mobilisation of technical experts, the coordination of joint procurement and the management of complex purchases.
This position is recruited and hired by Solidarités International, on behalf of RLH-coop.
ABOUT THE JOB
The field program manager is responsible for definition and implementation of resources pooling activities and initiatives.
He/She is also in charge of coordination of partners efforts, and technical support on all initiatives carried out.
Finally, He/She is responsible for the proper execution, the adaptation and the quality of resources-pooling activities.
Responsibilities and duties
Definition and implementation of resources-pooling activities.
- Based on Data compilation and analysis, define in close coordination with partners, key initiatives to be implemented.
- Define and update every activity workplans in coordination with involved partners.
- Ensure timely and efficient project implementation.
- Ensure proper documentation for all initiatives carried out including MoUs, procurement documentation…
- Identify and share bottlenecks impacting activities implementation with board of directors.
- Identify specific skills and expertise needed for activities implementation.
- Adapt and update SOPs for each project.
- Facilitate partner discussion and collaboration through dedicated support.
- Update global work plan when required.
Digital platform support:
- Introduce Digital platform objectives and functionalities to partners in country.
- Ensure training and support for partners.
- Ensure mediation and activities oversight on the platform.
- Update continuously IS team on platform improvements.
Partners Development portfolio
- Present and promote RLH Coop activities and tools to the widest possible audience in country.
- Initiate partnerships and collaboration with local and international partners, with the support of board of directors.
- Broadly share, project achievements.
Reporting / communication / representation
- Communicate bottlenecks requiring involvement of RLH Coop board of directors directly with partners governance.
- Ensure timely information sharing with board of directors for Donors reports.
- Beyond partners coordination, build and maintain a communication network with country authorities, UN agencies and donors.
- Participate in existing coordination fora in country and represent RLH Coop at all times.
- Ensure coordination with “resources pooling” actors and Logistics Cluster in country.
- Produce all necessary documents for project compilation
- Produce handover reports before end of his/her contract.
- Ensure constant project transformation through Lesson learned exercise for each initiative conducted.
- Minimum Five years field experience in Logistics and/or procurement in humanitarian contexts.
- Good understanding of humanitarian supply chain challenges and Resource-pooling initiatives and challenges
- Demonstrated experience in coordination (i.e Clusters)
- Proven ability to develop, plan, monitor and evaluate programs
- Experience with natural / complex political emergencies in diverse cultural and climatic settings.
- Experience of applying humanitarian accountability standards and practices.
- Experience liaising with a broad range of stakeholders, ability to build relationships and networks
- Proactive problem solving and operational decision making
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong technical and social skills in implementing Logistics programs and activities
- Strong skills in presentation and facilitation
- Ability to encourage and contribute to a climate of team-working and collaboration in a multi-cultural environment
- Leadership skills; provides others with a clear direction; motivates and empowers.
- Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups and nurtures good relationships
- Computer skills.
- Willingness to travel, resilience, stress tolerance and work under difficult conditions
SI WILL OFFER YOU
- Position based in Abuja/ Maiduguri, Nigeria with travels in the region.
- Fixed-term contract, 11 months
Salary: According to experience, starting from EUR 2640 gross per month (EUR 2400 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly)
Monthly Per Diem: 600 USD
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of residence and the mission.
- 1 break of 7 working days every 3 months
- 1 day off per worked month.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Please note that this is an expatriate position.
4 total views, 1 today