Full-Time Nursing Coordinator At Eha Clinics (abuja And Kano)
EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
Within every clinic location, EHA Clinics simultaneously implements a Community Health Program which utilizes an innovative financing mechanism to promote universal health coverage and access for the low-income, uninsured and underserved population through a low-cost, pro-poor prepayment scheme. These programs form the basis of care EHA Clinics provide, catering to different cadres of the population based on economic profiles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Coordinator
Locations: Abuja and Kano
Division: EHA Clinics
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Summary of Job
- The Nursing Coordinator provides direction and supervision to the nursing staff of EHA Clinics by coordinating the delivery of patient care and maintaining quality assurance by ensuring the implementation of nursing policy and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Nursing Coordinator Duties:
- Supervises and coordinates the delivery of patient care by the nursing staff by making hiring decisions, establishing professional licensure at hire, orienting new staff
- Development of nursing policies and procedures and monitoring adherence
- Provides ongoing advice and consultation to the nursing staff about proper procedures, problem-solving, and patient safety
- Evaluating the quality and appropriateness of nursing care and documentation of care provided
- Facilitates the team approach by recognizing each nurse as an important part of the EHA Clinics team
- Serves as a liaison for the nursing staff by conducting appropriate meetings to communicate policy and planning decisions, operational requirements, and related matters
- Management of inventory and stock reports of medical consumables and escalates appropriately when minimum reorder levels are reached
- Helps to assure excellent patient care for EHA Clinics patients by determining nursing staff strengths and weaknesses by performing periodic audits of nursing procedures and analyzing the data
- Perform patient assessment using appropriate, problem-focused, and age-specific assessment techniques
- Analyze the assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities according to patients needs, formulate a plan of care, implement and evaluate the outcome
- Coordinates and assists in the delivery of a plan of health care with all members of the health team
- Developing a curriculum for nursing continued professional development and ensuring ongoing skills and competency assessments of each member of the nursing team
- Oversight of all nursing projects and programs such as antenatal care services, immunization, homecare service delivery, family planning, ultrasonography, and empanelment.
Patient & Family Education / Support:
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identifying learning needs.
- Lead/encourage multidisciplinary approach for patient’s discharge.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing the patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to EHA Clinics Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Customer Service Requirements:
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated, and patient.
- Must have the ability to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage on-the-job stress.
- Must be focused, very detailed, and be creative in making decisions.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Must be able to review, analyze and respond to different situations they encounter daily.
- Must be able to think critically in adapting to change, judging situations, and taking appropriate decisions.
- EHA Clinics requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date
- S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at EHA Clinics through continuing professional development (CPD). The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Areas of Note
- Ensure continuing education, training, and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, through consultation with physicians and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature reviews and the like; review, analyze and determine the significance of a variety of diagnostic test results
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience as a nurse. Previous experience in a supervisory role is desirable.
Qualifications & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree of Nursing from an accredited nursing college, University with High Distinction (Top 10% of graduating class).
- Hold and maintain a current nursing license to practice in Nigeria.
- Evidence of NYSC discharge/exemption certificate (where applicable).
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication
- Working Under Pressure
- Humane, Empathetic, and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail.
- Competitive salary scale based on improvements from the CONMESS and CONHESS salary structures as well as surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria. Salary is negotiable but performance-based.
- Base salary constitutes 70%, while 30% is a bonus based on predefined individual performance indicators and monthly organizational performance.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the Nigeria Addendum to the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for you as an employee. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month. Employees may begin scheduling leave with their direct supervisor upon successful completion of their probationary period.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
25 total views, 1 today