Part-Time Nutrition and Health Officer
Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organisation committed to ending world hunger. For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have been working to fight undernutrition and support communities affected by crisis across the globe.
We carry out innovative, lifesaving programmes in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster risk reduction, Mental Health and Care Practices, Food security and Livelihoods and Social Protection.
Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming.
In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security and livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria programme is supported by FCDO, ECHO, GAC, BHA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, AFD, SIDA and GFFO.
Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Nutrition & Health officer who will support the Nutrition and Health PM in the day-to-day implementation and completion of health project activities throughout the project life cycle. This involves providing oversight and supervision of health care for health facilities ran by State and LGAs and supported by AAH.
Reporting to: Nutrition and Health Programme Manager
Proposed start date: January, 2022
Work location: Maiduguri/Monguno, Borno State
Starting Gross Basic Salary 281,063 NGN per month (excluding other benefits)
- Update tracking tool to monitor programme screening based data on acute malnutrition, collect health facility based disease surveillance reports and update morbidity reporting tool for assigned health facilities/LGAs;
- Participate with M&E team in supervision of data collection for nutrition and health assessments;
- Liaise with nutrition and health assistants for accessing community support group database, health facility database on a regular basis and updating overall health facility based activities;
- Conduct ongoing capacity assessment of health workers on CMAM services delivery, IMCI service delivery, reproductive health service delivery, vaccination etc. and review the training needs and/or coaching needs;
- Ensure that all health facilities/sites have adequate supplies to deliver uninterrupted health care services through identifying needs, informing line manager on regular basis;
- Support the Nutrition and Health Programme Manager in organizing LGA based coordination meeting;
- Ensure that all children and patients visiting AAH supported health facilities are properly examined and treated according to national health and nutritional protocols and standards;
- Identify gaps for WASH in health facilities and inform the Nutrition and Health Programme Manager on a regular basis;
- Facilitate quarterly review meetings/workshops with respective government health managers at State/LGA level;
- Organize training for Government nurses/midwives on CMAM, integrated management of childhood illnesses and ANC/PNC and delivery service provision in close collaboration with PM/MPM;
- Support nutrition and health assistants on developing customized need specific guidance notes on IMCI, ANC/PNC, delivery service for on job coaching on different modules based on national protocol;
- Regularly report and coordinate with line manager regarding challenges, issues faced in the field for timely and appropriate decision-making;
- Ensure regular contact with MoH service providers and LGA health authorities to receive service delivery report in a timely manner;
- Maintain and update database for health workers, community health workers/volunteers, trainings and share with line manager;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health or other relevant qualifications with experience in Public Health and CMAM programming;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in primary health care and Nutrition program including experience in inpatient SAM treatment;
- An excellent report-writing skill is required including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa;
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Team management experience with similar programs;
- Ability to observe and to provide feedback on the activities;
- Ability to manage staff according to local culture and organization policies;
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
The deadline for this position is Friday, 24th December , 2021.
Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Powered by JazzHR
Action Against Hunger
3 total views, 1 today