Full-Time Office Manager
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- To provide a high-level administrative support and service to the Lagos office.
- To undertake specific projects and activities as requested by the Country Manager and office team.
2. Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Responsible for Lagos office Purchasing card and to make local purchases in line with Visa policy, and as agreed by the Country Manager.
- Ensure that all office events are fully supported from an administrative and liaison perspective, including Regional Meetings, Management Meetings, Road shows, Advisors Meetings, Member events etc.
- Responsible for inward and outward movement of merchandise materials, accountability and oversight of the on-site and off-site storage rooms.
- Primary responsibility for the maintenance of all office facilities. To ensure that the most efficient use of departmental budgets. Responsibility for procurement, maintenance and replacement for the office equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that the Lagos Office Operating, Business Conduct, Quality, Health & Safety and Business Resumption Procedures and Policies are adhered to and reviewed in accordance with Visa policy.
- To provide necessary financial, HR and administration reporting for Visa CEMEA.
- To undertake responsibility for ensuring facilities and associated infrastructure including all office equipment, stationery and computer services (including day-to-day budgetary accountability).
- To be responsible for a range of accounting tasks for the Lagos office ensuring compliance with local legislation, authorities and regulators and providing appropriate reports.
- Manage daily tasks such as maintaining and updating members contact lists, mailing out relevant information to members and organization of Market visits agenda/meetings/appointments
- May support, as required by CM, on any Business development activities
- Provide periodical reports( Weekly/Monthly or quarterly ) as agreed with Management
Manage the office events within agreed budgets
3. Strategic Nature, Mgmt Accountability, & Scope
- Represent Visa by providing the first point of contact with the Lagos Office. To deal effectively and courteously with member bank staff, the public, cardholders, external suppliers/agencies and other Visa staff. To ensure effective inter-office communications.
- Manage the local corporate card programmes for employees in the Lagos office.
- Ensure Members and Multi-regional member compliance to service levels, integrity of service records and efficient resolution of complaints.
- Assist management in their preparations for representing VISA at conferences, business gatherings, events, quarterly reviews and industry meetings.
- Monitor and analyse competitors’ strategies, providing appropriate updates to BD team.
4. Decision Making & Complexity
- Decisions impact the achievement of annual goals for the client/area/department.
Incorrect decisions could impact work unit and individual results. * Solves a range of straightforward problems; analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
5. Financial & Organizational Scope
- Card management Program (Card requests, cancellation, limit changes) (Pcard, Lodge
Card) * Merchandise Control
- Cvent Event management system updates
- Form E (Transparency Letters)
- Generation of invitation letters for travel visa purposes
- Managing of Suppliers in conjunction with Controllership
- Managing of Temp and Visitor badges
6. Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- This position reports to the Cluster Country Manager, West Africa. This individual will be expected to interact effectively with all levels of Visa management and staff.
7. Key Competencies
- Leadership Skills
- Negotiation skills leading to timely and acceptable resolutions
- Client relationship and management skills
- Financial acumen
- Self-directed and motivated
- Bachelors degree preferably in Business or Finance
- Circa 3 – 4 years experience as an Office Manager in a multi-national company preferably within the Banking/Financial Services sector
- Client / Delivery focused. Self-starter and ability to use own initiative.
- Complete knowledge of MS Office packages (Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Experience of working in small team/office environment, quick to learn and adapt to change.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent organisation skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to liaise at all levels of the organisation.
- Good organisation and administration skills.
- Events management
- Financial management
- As with all positions within Visa CEMEA, the jobholder is responsible for the security of the Visa CEMEA environment and the physical security of all Visa property, documentation and member information.
- Give full support to the Company’s health and safety policy and ensure that the policy is effectively implemented and all relevant health and safety legislation is complied with within their area of responsibility and within budgeted resources.
- Give full support to the Company’s business continuity policy and ensure that the policy is effectively implemented. Ensure familiarity with business continuity plans and support all relevant activity.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
3 total views, 1 today