Full-Time Olam International Limited Recruitment for EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) Lead
Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) Lead
Job Location: Nigeria
- The EHS head will be responsible for the implementation of Olams EHS policies across the 25 tier 1 manufacturing plans in Africa. The incumbent must have a detailed understanding of all the applicable laws and regulatory guidelines form the EHS perspective for all the plat locations. The role requires cross-functional co-ordination as many of the locations do not have dedicated EHS resources. For Olam environment is a priority and you will be the driver of our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint. As the EHS Head, you will drive the legal compliance and the safety conscience of the organization along with the following key dimensions
- Draft and publish a safety manual detailing the basics of Olam’s EHS policy and procedures. This should incorporate applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Design a robust audit system comprising of policy/management/system/infrastructure/process/practice regarding EHS.
- Give inputs to project teams during greenfield/brownfield projects to build in EHS compliance during design stage itself
- Audit project sites for compliance of EHS guidelines and work with project teams to enable compliance
- Coordinate with relevant agencies to ensure compliance to all governing laws
- Bring out new/unknown risks in new and existing facilities for management to act
- Ensure all Olam facilities are compliant to local/international regulatory norms
- Document areas of improvement, push the envelope when it comes to environmental safety and safe workplace practices
- Identify opportunities to eliminate not just reduce workplace hazards
- Undertake and document audits based on the published audit criterion. Work independently for the audits or constitute cross-functional audit teams to conduct effective audits.
- Follow up on action plans on identified gaps as brought out during audits
- Coach and train plant EHS personnel to develop them as EHS leaders in their plants
- Undertake training of plant personnel to ensure safety requirements and the right knowledge is transferred to the lowest level in the plant operations
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical
- Total of 10 – 15 years of industry experience
- Initial experience in maintenance/projects in a large manufacturing set-up will be preferred.
- At least five years of experience in leading the EHS function of a large corporation in national/regional role
- Ability to network, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and people skills.
- Ability to persevere and stay focused in the face of priority conflict with a peer group
- Leverage key stakeholders to move the EHS agenda forward.
11 total views, 1 today