Full-Time Oncology Nurse Job at Sigma Consulting
Sigma Consulting is one of the fast-growing Nigeria’s management and healthcare consulting firms. We work with top executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. For more than 5 years, we’ve been passionate about achieving better results for our clients, results that go beyond financials and uniquely tailored, pragmatic, holistic, sustainable and client-oriented. Sigma has more than 41 consultants in major industries and provides services in 3 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Oncology Nurse
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- An Oncology Nurse is a Registered Nurse (RN) who specializes in providing care and treatment to patients with cancer
. * They care for critically or chronically ill cancer patients by administering treatment and providing information and support.
- Oncology nurses work with physicians as a part of interdisciplinary teams to care for cancer patients in hospitals or clinics.
- Examine and assess the full health of patients, focus on physical, mental and emotional status, as well as nutrition, pain, and family involvement.
- Help patients, and their families, understand the disease, the treatment plan, and any possible side effects. Help to translate complex medical terminology to the patient and answer questions. May also advise patients on disease prevention and personal care.
- In consultation with physicians and specialists, the Oncology Nurse develops a treatment plan for the patient. Formulate a goal-directed plan of care and establish treatment priorities based on patient needs and the availability of resources.
- Assist with the administration of chemotherapy and radiation, as well as supportive care and treatment for patient symptoms. Also monitor, evaluate and record the treatment results.
- Provide support and guidance throughout a patient’s treatment, link patients and their families to healthcare services and communicate with the doctors and other members of staff on behalf of the patient. Provide emotional stability and support as patients and their families handle a very stressful and painful treatment process.
- 3 years of work experience.
- A successful Oncology Nurse is compassionate and emotionally strong, and a good communicator.
- They should be conscientious, detail-oriented, and work well under pressure. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, employers are seeking Oncology Nurse candidates with the following skills.
- A current RN licensure
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSc.)
- Very attractive.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: using the job title as the subject of the mail.
18 total views, 1 today