Internship People Operations Intern
People Operations Intern
Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and other emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the role
The People Intern will directly assist the People team in a wide range of tasks and responsibilities related to People Operations. This internship is designed to be both learning-oriented and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills learned in his/her tertiary institution and apply them in a professional environment. The intern will gain a better understanding of the role of HR and how it can be applied in a technology-driven environment.
The intern will also have the opportunity to work with teams across our Andela locations around the world.
- Support employee Onboarding by sending out welcome emails, collating employee data to carry out background checks and Pre-employment medical Checks.
- Support performance management by sending out confirmation letters to employees.
- Attending to Nigeria and Ghana helpdesk requests and resolving them within the timelines as per the SLA
- Drafting and submitting ALL employee letters for review and signature – Bank letters, Contracts, Introduction Letters, Promotion letters, Change of roles letters, Visa letters, confirmation letters, etc.
- Support People team by attending to Nigeria and Ghana employee Help Desk requests by acting as the first point of call, escalating and resolving requests within the timelines as per the SLA.
- Manage benefit administration by ensuring that all new employees are registered on the HMO within 1 week of resumption and Follow-up with selected HMO(s) on employee enrollment and support with registering employees on the Group Life Assurance plan.
- Support the team with planning and coordination of culture initiatives & remote engagements.
- Support Employee Offboarding by tracking resignations, sending out offboarding acceptance emails, setting up exit meetings, and ensuring all letters are signed.
- Any other task assigned by the Manager and the Director of People Operations
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Has a degree from an accredited College or University. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Has strong interpersonal skills.
- Has exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Has excellent critical thinking, analytical mindset and problem solving skills.
- Pays great attention to details.
- Is personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of HR documents and other personal information.
- Has strong analytical skills.
- Has a genuine interest in Human Resources Management and Project Management.
- Shows commitment to the aims and values of Andela.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
# LI – Remote
View & Apply
26 total views, 2 today