Full-Time PET AUTOMATION SPECIALIST – Bottling
The PET AUTOMATION SPECIALIST /Engineer will maintain bottle blowing equipment to a high standard in an effective manner, ensuring that safety, quality, & output targets are achieved. Responsible for automation maintenance and backup of the PET packaging lines including support utility equipment. Open to expatriate candidates. Various locations in Nigeria (Ikeja, Lagos).
A global soft drinks & PET bottling manufacturer headquartered in Lagos.
- Reactive & Corrective Maintenance as required
- Responsible for Asset Care Tasks – for automation and electrical
- Responsible for Condition Monitoring Tasks
Train and develop both operator and engineers in processing, fault finding and repair of the following:
- Blow moulding- SBO10/10 or 14/14 Universal Series 2
- SBO18 Combi Matrix
- Fillers – Eurostar/eurotronica models
- Roll-Quattro Labeler, robopac stretch wrapper
- Provides diagnostic and troubleshooting of the other PET line equipment, automation and electrical to reduce length of machine downtime.
Lead regular inspections automation and electrical components of the PET line and ensures line maintenance are carried out by the team as per maintenance plan.
Develops a list of critical spare parts that will be available to prevent stoppages of the PET lines/utility. Plans for timely requisition and acquisition of the needed spare parts, with diligence to keep parts inventory levels to the minimum. Stores Management and Budget Adherence of bottle blower spares.
Effectively communicate to management any critical actions needed to restore the condition of the equipment to 100% reliability.
Lead and carry out care and maintenance of PET line electronic parts not limited to the machine PCC, PLC, HMIs, sensors and profibus as recommended by the OEM.
Plan and ensure seamless executions of annual maintenance of the electronic components of the machines such tightening of all terminal points, cleaning of control panels, replacement of defective sensors and components.
Ensure implementation of basic cycle maintenance, lubrication, cleaning and inspection (CILT) and instill these principles to be part of the culture of operators and technicians. * Responsible for maintaining back-up programs for all machine PLCs and electronic cards (CF cards) and safe keep for emergency use.
- Prepare manning budget. Prepares zero based budgets monthly to benchmark actual spending. Control of overtimes and manning headcount.
- A minimum of Bachelor of Engineering Degree (B.Eng.) or HND in Electronics/Automation or Electrical.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant hands-on experience on Sidel PET machines.
- Troubleshooting skills on Sidel Matrix blower or Sidel Universal Series 2 and electronic filler will be an advantage.
- Fundamental knowledge on Roll Quattro Labeler operation & Maintenance, Elau Pac drives, Zenon Software & Profibus technology is preferred.
- Proficient on HMI modules for the machines.
- Proven experience in PET Operation and Maintenance
- Working knowledge of the Personnel Control Console (PCC) or Similar is a must.
- Working knowledge on Siemens, B&R programming and other automation software is an advantage.
View & Apply
14 total views, 2 today