Full-Time Physics Teacher
St. Mary Dedication British International High Schools is a renowned educational institution known for its academic excellence and morally upright students. St Mary Dedication British international school challenges students to develop what is finest in themselves and others, for others and themselves. We are committed to nurturing an intentionally diverse, and inclusive community that encourages students and adults to inspire and respect one another.
At St Mary Dedication British Internation school our guiding principle is Education for Light, Through Knowledge. Our aim is to provide a richness of opportunity for our student to excel, nurture and explore their talents without limits. That is because education goes beyond exam results, its about the complete development of the child.
We are searching for an innovative, energetic Physics Teacher to join our excellent department. The Physics Teacher’s responsibilities include preparing stimulating lessons, identifying and analyzing student needs, strengths, and weaknesses, overseeing experiments, as well as setting and grading assessments. You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, respond well to criticism, and thrive under pressure.
To be successful as a Physics Teacher, you should be passionate about science and have a sound understanding of scientific rules and methods. Outstanding candidates have superb instructional skills, are able to keep calm, are about to stimulate student interest in STEM, and try their best to leave no student behind.
- Understanding curriculum requirements, and creating syllabi, lesson plans, and educational content that satisfy these requirements.
- Analyzing the needs, strengths, and weaknesses of students and structuring lessons and assessments around them.
- Adjusting teaching methods to suit different groups of learners.
- Creating engaging, stimulating lesson plans and asking frequent questions to make sure students are on track.
- Providing extra support to students that require it, and more challenging tasks to those who are ahead of the class.
- Keeping abreast of developments and research in the field and using this to ensure lessons are relevant.
- Reporting any progress issues to the head of the department, as well as the parents.
- Attending meetings, training sessions, workshops, conferences, and other continuing education initiatives.
- Supervising lab sessions, delivering practical demonstrations, and accompanying students on field trips.
- Keeping the line of communication open between students, staff, and parents.
- Minimum B.Ed in Physics, Mathematics or a related discipline.
- Relevant teaching certification may be required.
- A completed teaching apprenticeship would be advantageous.
- Tutoring experience would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with different types of teaching styles.
- Patience, innovation in the field, and knowledge of classroom management and student discipline.
Strong multitasking abilities
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance
11 total views, 1 today