Part-Time Practice Lead, GovLab & Digital Security
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
The GovLab & Digital Security Lead will be CcHUB’s primary interface for government agencies, civil society and social innovators looking to improve the way citizens’ needs are met in Nigeria using technology. Specific areas of interest in the Governance space include public service delivery, open government, open data, extractive industries transparency & local government efficiency. As also with Digital Security, You will be responsible for the information security, cybersecurity awareness and training programs.
This position requires a team player with leadership qualities, excellent communication & presentation skills, a professional and positive attitude, organization and dependability.
Your responsibilities shall include the following :
- Identify critical governance priorities for the unit & initiate activities to stimulate solutions around the priority areas
- To plan, launch and manage innovation initiatives to deliver products to be utilised by government agencies, civil society & citizens to improve public service delivery & social accountability in Africa
- Research key governance issues to identify critical leverage areas around which GovLab should engage stakeholders and citizens
- Manage research & insights that drive solutions for the practice & its clients especially government agencies, civil society organisations & the general public
- Overall planning of activities, resources , budgets and operations of the practice
- Provide technical insights & networking support to governance ventures incubated at the CcHUB
- Develop a mentor network for the practice across the public sector & civil society and work with them to support incubated ventures
- Proactively identify engage & manage new partners with government, CSOs and donor agencies
- Lead in developing proposals for new governance projects to local and international funding organisations
- Work in coordination with senior management to set up a seed fund for governance ventures
- Prepare all required reports and maintain a comprehensive set of records on all activities
- Ensure that our information security awareness program communicates effective security policies and requirements so that people know, understand, and can follow them.
- Promote awareness of information security policies through the creation and maintenance of an online presence that is intuitive to use, provides engaging activities to reinforce behaviors, and serves as a central repository for security guidance and references.
- Develop new or identify existing information security training, education, and awareness activities.
- Develop and maintain an information security awareness program that effectively motivates desired behaviors so our community handle data and systems in a secure manner.
- Prepare and deliver information security training, education, and awareness activities.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing information security training, education, and awareness program/activities.
- Create a metrics framework that can effectively measure engagement, behaviors, and impact.
- Collaborate with information/Data security technical experts as needed to augment or further develop information security training, education, and awareness activities.
- Build awareness by taking a holistic approach to the information security awareness program using electronic messages, newsletters, symposia, and printed materials that complement each other and build upon previously covered concepts.
- Work with external vendors and agency partners as needed to establish quotes, production schedules, delivery, and implementation of programs.
- A solid understanding of the Nigerian public sector with relationships to academia, government agencies, civil society, start-ups and the development partner community
- A Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree from an accredited university
- Experience in civil society, a startup or other business environment
- Applies a basic knowledge of information security and risk mitigation principles, theories, and techniques in daily work.
- Demonstrates understanding and use of basic project management methodologies, including the ability to plan, manage and maintain a complex, organization wide program over the longer term.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Independently writes well-structured and persuasive end products/product description.
- Crafts messages/training manual to match capability of the audience. (Ability to contextualize technical content for campus audiences may be better.)
- Ability to communicate in a simple, clear and concise manner to the various communities within our organization.
- Practical knowledge of different message distribution techniques to ensure end user communities understand and continually apply the required behavior necessary to reduce the ‘human factors’ risk.
- Desire to learn and integrate new capabilities in digital technology, such as audio, video, social media, online communities, blogs, and other web-based technologies.
- Creative thinking and understanding of audience to produce engaging materials in a variety of formats and media, including storyboards, user guides, and gamification elements.
- Resilience and flexibility to explore different paths to achieve an outcome and adjust quickly and efficiently to new circumstances and measured results.
- Confidently develops and delivers presentations and is able to respond to questions.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and manage concurrent deadlines.
- Ability to effectively contribute to and lead working groups.
- A high degree of independence, integrity and confidentiality.
- Flexible; able to move strategy forward in a rapidly changing environment.
- A robust analytical skill set
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft applications
View & Apply
85 total views, 1 today