Temporary Presales / Technical Specialist – Bizapps (finance And Operations) At Microsoft Nigeria
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Presales / Technical Specialist – BizApps (Finance and Operations)
Job Number: 1039935
Employment Type: Full-Time
Role Type: Individual Contributor
Travel: 25-50 %
To excel in the Technical Specialist role you must have the following traits and abilities:
Technically Intense Workload Expert:
- Deep functional, technical and process-level knowledge and extensive demonstration experience in your workload.
Strategic & Proactive Pursuit Team Member:
- Strategic thinker with proactive engagement throughout the pursuit sales cycle; removes blockers, challenges the status quo, unblocks design/technical stalemates, brings clarity from ambiguity displaying a growth mindset.
Technical Team Collaborator:
- Collaborates with a pursuit team of technically intense workload experts including Technical Specialists with expertise other than yours, co-sell partners and Independent Software Vendors to design and demonstrate a solution that maps business value with the end-to-end business transformation needs of the customer.
Customer-centric Solution Designer:
- Employs Design Thinking principles centered on customer business outcomes.
Differentiated & Business Value/Outcome-driven Demonstrator:
- Expert in demonstrating solution capabilities and associated business value addressing customer business decision maker persona needs/pains. Demonstrates differentiation and the value of Business Applications workload solutions.
The Technical Specialist is a key member of the Business Applications sales pursuit team and is a strategic thinker, proactive problem solver, sales & technical roadblock resolver displaying a growth mindset with deep functional and technical knowledge in the workload. The following are the role responsibilities for the Microsoft Business Applications Technical Specialist:
Assist Business Applications Sales Executive in RFP Response and in Envisioning Solution:
- Assist Business Applications Sales Executive in delivering compelling RFP/RFI response, in envisioning solution using ISV components, by assembling and collaborating with a technical pursuit team that includes partner and ISV resources.
Design Customer-centric Solution Aligned with Envisioned Solution & Business Value:
- Secure a customer agreement to a Solution Design built with alignment to the customer-agreed digital transformation journey by partnering with the technical pursuit team ensuring alignment to envisioned solution and business value.
Deliver a Customer-centric Demonstration:
- Receive a standing ovation by delivering a compelling solution demonstration emphasizing business value aligned to the designed solution.
- Ensure demonstration follows Tell-Show-Vision model and has an end-to-end view building opportunities for seeding and expansion after initial sale.
Work with Customer Success / Partner Team on Deployment Plan:
- Assist Business Applications Sales Executive (if required) in reviewing licensing proposal. Collaborate with Customer Success team and Partner to ensure the customer agreed deployment plan maps to Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Minimum 3 – 5+ years’ of applicable workload expertise with one or more of the following: technical presales, postsales consulting or relevant company/customer IT application implementation or management
- Driving and designing a solution strategy as part of the overall opportunity lifecycle
- Extensive collaboration with technical pursuit teams designing cloud-based customer solutions
- Success working with customers/stakeholders in presales or consulting engagements related to business applications workloads
- Proven success demonstrating differentiated solution value and competitive advantage
- Delivering customer-facing technical workload demonstrations to enterprise decision makers
- Desirable but not required – workload certifications/degrees
Deep Understanding of:
- Business solutions (CRM/ERP) workload expertise in one or more of the following: Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Field Service, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Retail/Commerce and/or Finance and how these solutions help customers achieve their desired business outcomes
- Business value selling methodologies and practices mapped to customer persona pains/issues to uncover customer’s stated and unstated needs
- Commercial cloud offerings, ideally Microsoft’s cloud platform, as well as competitive knowledge of other business applications solutions and related ecosystems
- Excellent presentation and communications skills across various customer stakeholders; experienced storyteller.
- Customer-centric mindset with demonstrated passion for delivering customer value
- Ability to bring innovative technical solution ideas to customer problems
- Experienced problem solver able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Growth mindset, insatiably curious, always learning and welcoming of challenges for the opportunity to grow.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
23 total views, 1 today