Full-Time Procurement Officer at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
Date Posted: 2020-12-24
International Medical Corps, a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization, is hiring a Procurement Officer in Maiduguri, Borno
Job Id: MDG/LOG/10
- To provide quality logistic support for all IMC project sites in Nigeria and to work with other members of the logistics team to develop and implement efficient logistical support systems for International Medical Corps (IMC) in a complex operation. .
- Managing/supervising resources within defined boundaries, which includes people and assets.
- Providing professional procurement and logistics guidance and advice to managers as related to their programs.
- Participates in the development of procurement plans, strategy and supports operational implementation.
- Develops solutions to diverse and complex problems within organizational policy.
- Interprets and applies operational and specialist information in a variety of formats and from a variety of sources.
- Flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within organizational or divisional parameters, with moderate scope.
- Contribute to and provide guidance in operational planning.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed at all IMC sites.
- Continue to support security risk assessments and support the development of appropriate security plans in a complex and fast changing environment as related to logistics and procurement.
- Audit all requisitions and provide timely feedback to requesters regarding accuracy and processing status.
- Coordinate all local and international purchases to ensure compliance to policy and international customs regulations.
- Work closely with the Procurement Manager to identify new sources of procurement in a proactive manner or according to specific requests by comparing the country database with the regional database to identify the most cost effective purchasing routes to meet programmes needs on time and with the specified quality.
- Ensure that complete requisitions are addressed within 24 hours (forward to other supply centers, request for quote etc.).
- Coordinate communication with the field offices and provide technical advice on supply policies.
- Timely follow through on purchasing schedules ensuring that the correct procedures are applied in the purchase of the goods and services and proper documentation trail is maintained.
- Ensure the constant update of procurement tracking sheet; report to managers on a weekly base.
- Source for quotations, compile Comparative Bid Analysis, and award to successful supplier. Seek relevant approvals where necessary.
- Undertake tender process for purchases that meet threshold following IMC guidelines.
- Prepare and send POs to suppliers and ensure acknowledgement of receipt and confirmation on delivery dates.
- Liaise with Warehouse Officer for the issuing of GRNs upon receipt of delivery notes and goods.
- Follow-up on waybills with the consignee in country to ensure that deliveries are confirmed.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance of accurate procurement files (both manual and electronic).
- Manage staff under his/her supervision according to performance management principles and in line with IMC performance management procedures.
- Contribute to recruitment process; review and assist in revision of relevant job description(s).
- Willingness to travel to project sites in country to provider technical advice, support and training.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.
Contract and Supplier Management:
- Under the Supervision of the Procurement Manager, participate in the review of all commonly procured services and goods and seek to establish Framework agreement to increase operational efficiency.
- Maintain and update an active contract register.
- Produce and distribute award and rejection letters.
- Review and confirm legal requirements and negotiations for office purchase.
- Under the guidance of the Procurement Manager, Conduct Market surveys, update, and maintain an active vendor list.
- Conduct Vendors Performance reviews periodically for cost effectiveness and quality.
- Participate in supplier selection ensuring that suppliers are selected taking into account both business requirements-quality, cost, delivery etc. – and ethical standards including business ethics (specifically prevention of fraud), labour and other human rights and environmental standards. **
- Manage supplier relations and reconcile any change of payment terms compared to those noted in the Contracts (i.e. due to partial supply of goods or other valid reasons).
- Manage and ensure that the chain of custody of all supplier documents is clear, consistent and easily tracked and that supplier documents are not misplaced or lost (for example: leases, especially where houses have changed ownership; office service charges, etc.).
- Ensure quick follow up of payments for supplies/services to manage accruals and cash flow effectively
- Compile invoices, delivery notes, GRNs and other receipt documents and submit them to facilitate invoice processing for purchases.
- Maintain an active register of document’s movements to other departments.
- Prepare weekly status updates (procurement tracking sheet).
- Prepare and submit monthly procurement expenditure and narrative report.
- Input for Key Performance Indicators**
Education and Qualifications
- Advanced University degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Legal or Accounting or other relevant fields, or First University degree.**
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management (MCIPS, CILM or equivalent)**
- At least three years’ practical field operations experience in Logistics Management with an international NGO in emergency.
Skills and Competence:
- Demonstrated experience in managing as well as supporting/mentoring staff
- Proven experience in establishing and implementing logistics/procurement systems, warehouse and fleet management.
- Good understanding of working with donor requirements (ECHO, OFDA, etc.) and prior experience in monitoring/managing budgets.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and negotiation skills. The ability to remain calm while dealing with conflicting priorities/work under pressure is essential.
- The ability to take the initiative and work independently as well work as a team player – supporting other departments is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral English) and the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Commitment to International Medical Corps’ overall mission and policies and experience of promoting gender equity and diversity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of IMC work.
- Excellent Computer skills in Office applications including experience in working with automated Logistics Information Management.**
- Able to work in remote and logistically challenging operations**
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” on or before January 4, 2021..
Candidates MUST state the position, location and Job ID: MDG/LOG/10 they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity organization Borno State candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. ** Nigerian nationals only
87 total views, 1 today