Full-Time Procurement Specialist Job at GZ Industries
GZI is the first Alumunium beverage can manufacturing company in West Africa with state-of-the-art factories in Aba, Agbara and South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Specialist
Job Location: Ogun
Employment type: Full Time
- Assists in the development and implementation of GZI’s procurement strategies, manuals, policies and procedures to ensure an efficient, best practice, and commercially focused procurement function.
- Ensures strict adherence to GZI’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the analysis and monitoring of current and future procurement requirements, and prepares to support the achievement of corporate objectives and targets
. * Engages with the business to identify the key procurement priorities, and ensure that purchases are made at competitive prices.
- Enforces a short turn-around time for processing Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Monitors to ensure an up-to-date database of qualified vendors and suppliers of goods and services to the company.
- Implements sourcing processes, Request for Proposals (RFP) compilation, evaluation of suppliers’ responses and negotiation with suppliers including long term purchasing agreements.
- Manages key supplier relationships to deliver excellent operational performance in cost, service and quality.
- Monitors to ensure that delivered goods are inspected to conform with the specifications on the order.
- Implements the processes for reviewing contracts, supplies and vendors, ensuring that maximum value for money benefits are achieved.
- Facilitates and monitors all international procurements, from order to delivery.
- Assists in developing and implementing new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Manages and fosters good relationships with relevant government agencies to ensure prompt delivery of procured commodities.
- Oversees the purchase of Insurance Certificates, processing of Form M, Risk Assessment Report (RAR) and other relevant custom clearing documents.
- Ensures shipping/customs clearing documents conform with requirements.
- Monitors Inspection or Scanning companies to ensure timely issue of CRI.
- Liaises with Engineering and Production Departments for materials requirements and specifications.
- Liaises with Customs and clearing Agents for smooth clearance.
- Liaises with Accounts to ensure payments of supplied goods.
- Instils Code of Integrity, Honesty and Trust in Suppliers.
- Relates with Stores on Purchase, Inspection and Delivery of materials.
- Liaises with Key Personnel for the offloading and receipts of materials.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates assigned subordinate staff.
- Handles subordinates’ concerns and problems, directs and schedules work.
- Provides on-the-job coaching and direction to subordinates.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree or HND in Engineering, Economics or Business Studies.
- An MBA or relevant Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualification in Supply Chain Management e.g. Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role within the manufacturing industry.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: using the Job Title as subject of email.
54 total views, 1 today