Full-Time Product Designer at QuickCheck
QuickCheck is a fast-growing Fintech building the leading mobile bank for Nigeria.
A large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services. We leverage artificial intelligence to build an intelligent product, which wants to be much more than just another neo-bank in Africa. Our app-based solution has been downloaded by 1.5 Million people and has processed over 3.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people hustles everyday between Nigeria and Portugal to make our crazy vision a reality – and won’t rest until our app is in the hands of millions!
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a ‘hands-on’ Product Designer to join its team in Lagos.
As a Product Designer at Quickcheck, you’re a thought-leader in the organization. You are excited to find elegant solutions for complex problems, value being empathetic with a curious mind, and always strive to learn more. You also understand the importance of equitable, accessible, usable, and ethical design.
You know that the little details matter and you are on a mission to create the best possible user experience for all people. You’re a hands-on maker that strives for innovation, collaboration, and excellence.
You will be responsible for leading the creation of a visually appealing and inclusive user interface for both our website and mobile application. You are excited to solve the challenge of creating a financial technology application that is easy to use and can scale to millions of users.
Success in this role is defined by the quality of the user experience. This includes the impact, accessibility, ease of use, and beauty of the final product.
Responsibilities for this role include
- Collaborate daily with a multidisciplinary team of Software Engineers, Researchers, Strategists, and Project Owners
- Lead ideation sessions, workshops, demos, and presentations with stakeholders.
- You’ll sketch, wireframe, and run usability tests.
- Prototype to communicate the “look” and “feel” of a project using Figma.
- Collaborate with design peers to ensure designs are conceptually sound
- Ensure content strategy and design are aligned
- You will build cohesive and lightweight design systems
- Continuously iterate your designs to stay current with mobile trends
- Mentor new product designers and interns on visual and interaction design, problem-solving, client communication, and team interaction
- Push for and create inclusive, accessible design for all
- 3+ years of professional experience with a portfolio that demonstrates your expertise
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- Senior-level experience with developing digital products across a variety of mediums, including web and mobile.
- Use modern prototyping tools (Figma, Framer, Principle etc) to create visually appealing interfaces.
- Participated in the full design cycle to deliver world-class, pixel-perfect designs
- Superior English fluency, verbal and written
- Personality traits: Professional, problem solver, proactive, attention to detail.
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office in Ilupeju, Silicon Valley style 😎
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension, life and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of remote working depending on the role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you found our job opening on the Seedstars’ website
Seedstars is one of QuickCheck’s earlier investors. It’s a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets, which invests in early stage tech across emerging markets.
Powered by JazzHR
2 total views, 1 today