Full-Time Product Engineer / API
About the Product API Engineer position
As a platform company powering businesses in Nigeria and soon across Africa, businesses use Mono to access their customer’s financial data, perform direct debit payments, enable one-click KYC/onboarding, and more. Mono’s product engineers work on the business logic for all of that.
As a product API engineer, you will build and expand APIs and services and work with third-party partners to launch new capabilities.
We’re looking for an engineer with a strong interest in building secure-by-default products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail, and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
The ideal candidate will have a pragmatic ability to ship results iteratively.
You will: * Design, develop and maintain Mono APIs, systems, and services
- Improve engineering processes especially through testing, monitoring, and alerting
- Build new API rails
- Participate in code, design, and production-readiness reviews
- Work with our partners to provide new rails to the market
- Work with the business and customer success teams to implement new features
You may be a fit for this role if you: * Have strong design and problem-solving skills
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and poorly defined complex problems
- Are innovative, push technical boundaries, and are excited to create things that have never been solved before
- Communicate in a clear and direct manner
- Can self manage, set an implementation schedule, and manage communication with team members and stakeholders
- Take an evidence-based and data-driven approach to making decisions
You: * 4+ years of work experience in a software design and development role
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Previously worked at a fast-growing internet startup (preferred)
View & Apply
9 total views, 1 today