Full-Time Program Driver At The Center For Clinical Care And Clinical Research (cccrn)
The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Driver
Project: ICHSSA Lot 1
Reports to: Administration Officer
Department: Administration and Logistics
Supervisory: This position has no supervisory role
Internal: Program Staff
Required Travel: To field locations in Nigeria.
- The drivers will operate the vehicles in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life, in consonance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Duties include performing daily safety and maintenance checks, daily cleaning of vehicles as scheduled/or required, pick up and deliver staff as per a set schedule and ensure safe, secure storing of the vehicles.
- S/He will advise his/her supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs as well as ensure staff conform to safety procedures always and note any breach of these protocols by staff.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the minimum maintenance standard of the CCCRN/Nigeria’s fleet as stated in the vehicle manufacturer’s specification.
- S/he will also follow up and ensure that routine preventative maintenance schedules for the vehicles are strictly adhered to in a manner that will assure reliable transportation of CCCRN staff, assets and other goods.
- Make recommendations and implement measures that will safeguard the CCCRN Nigeria vehicles and vehicle equipment to enhance efficiency and reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that daily checks are performed on assigned vehicle before it is driven in the morning.
- Completes the Daily Vehicle Reports and submits to the Admin and Logistics Assistant each day
- Check and ensure that all journeys and trips (no matter how short) are recorded using the Vehicle Logbook provided in each vehicle.
- Notifies the Head of Office, Security Officer and Admin/Logistics Assistant immediately in accident situations, after checking that all persons involved are safe and follows the procedure for what to do in case of an accident.
- Responsible for ensuring that CCCRN vehicles are clean at all times
- Be familiar with, and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines in the Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Manuals
- Ensure that all travel planning procedures are followed by staff traveling in CCCRN vehicles and that all the relevant forms are completed
- Complete the Motor Vehicle Monthly reports /Fuel Usage report and motor vehicle monthly
- Maintenance report by the 1st of each month.
- Ensure that vehicles are driven safely and in line with CCCRN procedures and regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Supervisor and Head of Office.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.
Key Working Relationships
- Supervisory: This position has no supervisory role
- Internal: Program Staff
- External: None
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid Nigerian driver’s license and good knowledge road network within Akwa Ibom and Cross River with a minimum of four years’ professional experience in a similar position
- Minimum of National Diploma Certificate (OND)
- Ability to communicate in English is essential
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of vehicle mechanics
- Ability to generate VMS reports
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite of computer software applications especially MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
- To field locations in Nigeria.
- CCCRN is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
15 total views, 2 today