Full-Time Program Officer
Program Officer, Nigeria
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end-users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard in public debates, surveys, and policymaking. The organizations that serve them often lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions. With more than 30 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
With an office located in Abuja, Nigeria, Viamo is firmly committed to partnering with innovators and projects that have the capacity to set forth change on both the community and global level. Through the utilisation of ICT, we intend to assist development organizations, private sector companies, and the Government in reaching and engaging with beneficiaries, stakeholders, and project implementers.
About the role
You will become part of our growing team in Nigeria working with some of the most innovative development organizations and private sector companies. Your role is to ensure that every project and programme is implemented to the delight of our partners who deeply care about the impact of projects. In this role, you will work with a wide range of different partners from health, education, agriculture, financial inclusion and many more. You will support these organizations with the design of digital engagement strategies, deliver exceptional customer service during the implementation of mobile and digital projects, and take great pride in fostering impact through mobile in Nigeria
- Work with partners to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects.
- Delight our partners with high quality, timely execution of programme activities.
- Manage the implementation of projects for partners according to the project objectives.
- Supervise qualitative and quantitative research and other field activities.
- Conduct data analysis and report on the results of project and programmes
- Solicit and document client feedback, including needs and expectations to inform the ongoing development of Viamo’s offerings.
- Support the compilation of project work plans and deliverables for each project under supervision.
- Monitor and contribute to the implementation of these work plans according to the agreed timelines.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports on the implementation of the project according to the format suggested by the Team Leader.
- Support the logistical preparation of field trips for consultants and program staff.
- Assist in the organization of content development workshops, field testing and all other field activities.
- Support the facilitation of trainings and content development workshops as needed.
- Support the team in the preparation of the various administrative documents required.
- Support the team in dispatching materials and equipment for consultants and monitoring their returns at the end of the missions.
Key Performance Indicators
- Happy clients measured through client satisfaction surveys.
- Projects implemented on time and on budget.
- Impact: number of unique listeners and engagements.
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to the Senior Program Manager.
- Works closely with the global Design and Implementation teams.
- University degree and 3+ years of demanding professional experience in a client-facing role, and demonstrable interest in the use of technology for development.
- Experience either directly from the development sector working with or for NGOs or with private sector companies with NGO clientele.
- Excellent project and programme management skills with emphasis on customer service.
- Independent thinker and problem solver with proven experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Great in multi-tasking and managing numerous complex projects at one time.
- Proven ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- High degree of flexibility and willingness to adapt to new tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail, thorough and meticulous with all tasks.
- Quantitative and analytical skills – including experience with large data-sets and data analysis.
- Technically proficient with software programs, and the desire to learn and embrace more.
- Fluency in English and local Nigerian languages.
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
Please apply by May 21st, 2021 with a CV and a short cover letter
77 total views, 1 today