Full-Time Program Officer
Title: Program Officer
Reports To: State Team Lead
Location: Taraba State
The Program Officer is part of the state management team and forms part of the strategic team that directs the operations of RISE Nigeria. S/He is responsible for program planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the interventions implemented by Jhpiego and its partners in the assigned state. H/She is accountable for judicious use of all resources entrusted with Jhpiego and its partners in the assigned state. This includes assisting with development of work plans, managing Grants and sub-recipient Implementing agencies; managing State, LGA, and Community and facility level stakeholders; other partners and donors regarding implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs.
· Participate in development and monitoring of State micro plans and budgets; coordinate internal business processes that effectively connect program operations with program implementation; ensure appropriate program monitoring and programmatic reporting to the Country Office.
· With technical assistance from country office technical specialists, provide programmatic/technical assistance to all Sub-recipients of FAA in the design, implementation, modification, monitoring and evaluation of contractual obligations, project milestones and overall activities.
· Liaise with multiple stakeholders at State, LGA, Community and Facility levels; collaborate with other USG Implementing partners (Lead IP, OVC partners, KP Partners), Local partners (CSOs, NEPHWAN, CBOs) to share information, coordinate activities, leverage resources and strengthen synergy in the implementation and achievement of RISE program objectives.
· Coordinate the development of monthly, quarterly and annual reports as well as human-interest stories, bulletins, factsheets, technical briefs, abstracts; disseminating best practices and other relevant publication related to the project interventions.
· Provide oversight on the collation, harmonization and regular updates of program management tools such as scorecard, expenditure analysis, stakeholders database, CUG database, Adhoc database, facility directory and other tools as maybe be requested.
· Coordinate all Adhoc HR processes including engagement, documentation, accountability management, compliance and integrate their efforts into overall program implementation.
· Coordinate Health systems strengthening efforts and ensure compliance with technical, programmatic, contractual and financial requirements set by Jhpiego and its partners and donors.
· Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to USAID/Nigeria requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
· Work with the relevant thematic units to establish and execute a Quality improvement, SIMS assessment, capacity development plans and development of new program approaches that are linked to related services for efficient program implementation and monitoring.
· Remain informed on the current programs in the HIV/AIDS and TB and fields by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such strategic information for project activities.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Advanced degree or equivalent experience in public health, sociology, or related health, medical, or social science discipline.
· Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
· 5+ years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relations
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to travel frequently to facilities across the state
7 total views, 1 today