Full-Time Project Consultant – Kebbi/Sokoto – Nigeria
Consultant role to support the Safety and Antimicrobial Resistance of Mass Administration of Azithromycin in children 1 – 11 months in Nigeria (SARMAAN) project.
The Safety and antimicrobial resistance of mass administration of azithromycin in children 1 – 11 months in Nigeria (SARMAAN) project aims to explore the feasibility of delivering mass distribution of Azithromycin for child survival. Following extensive planning and discussions with the FMoH, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Sightsavers and the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research, the project is ready to commence in Nigeria across four intervention platforms below over 24-month period:
- The trachoma platform (NTD (Neglected Tropical Diseases)) will be used in all LGAs (Local Government Areas) in Jigawa and Kebbi states:
- The Seasonal malaria chemoprophylaxis (SMC) platform in Kura local government area of Kano State.
- The National Programme on Immunization (NPI) platform in one LGA each ofAbiaand Akwa Ibom states.
- The Polio Elimination Initiative Platform (PEI) will be used inWamakoLGA of Sokoto state.
The key programmatic deliverables of the project are:
- Conduct of microplanning with state teams
- Capacity building of state, Local government area (LGA), and community teams
- Conduct of mass distribution of Azithromycin in communities including monitoring activities
- Report development and validation
- Data quality assessment and analysis
Purpose of the consultancy:
The consultant will ensure that key elements like setup, target setting, training, process management and data management are carried out to the highest standards and that capacity for service delivery is built within the Kebbi and Sokoto states MoH.
The consultant will work closely day to day with the SARMAAN project coordinator, programme officer for both Kebbi and Sokoto states, monitoring and evaluation officer and the data officer to ensure the key programmatic deliverables of the project are achieved in the selected LGAs in the states. The consultant may be asked to assist with other project activities as assigned by the project coordinator.
- Supports the SMOH in conducting project planning meetings and development of micro-plans.
- Ensure development submission of activity plans and budgets for approval.
- Support the training of SMOH and community implementers on azithromycin MDA and reporting.
- Keep Ministry and partner teams on track before, during and after mass drug administration campaigns.
- Ensure the accurate, timely and up-to-date documentation of activity data using the appropriate project tools.
- Support the SMOH in monitoring and supportive supervision of project activities including analysis and using data to improve project delivery.
- Ensure the development and validation of the implementation report following every round of MDA.
- Reports all Safeguarding concerns, including potential violations of Sightsavers’ Safeguarding Policy and/or Code of Conduct.
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Degree from college or university in relevant field (Biological Sciences, Microbiology, Development Studies, Public Health, Social Sciences, Education, Health related field).
- Minimum of three years’ experience in implementation of infant and child health related projects.
- Documented experience in training, facilitation and coordination of infant and child health related project activities.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Analytical skills
- Facilitation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into action
- Seeks continuous improvement in own and team’s performance
- Assists and encourages others to adapt to change and implement new ideas
- Continues to be positive in the face of pressure
- Active listener
- Does not pose a safeguarding risk to our beneficiaries, staff, associates and charitable assets.
- Consultant must sign partners code of conduct and contract letter as evidence of their engagement.
Eligible candidates are kindly requested to submit their completed Expression of Interest form (EOI), CV, and Cover Letter to Sightsavers by email to before close of business on 2nd January 2021
Closing Date: 2 January, 2022
How to apply
We’re in the workplace. Please be aware that fraudulent job adverts do exist. Sightsavers will never ask prospective candidates to send money as part of the interview process. If you do receive email requests of this nature, please contact
3 total views, 1 today