Part-Time Project Driver
We are looking for a Project Driver (Lagos, Nigeria)
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
About The Program:
The Strengthening African Processors for Food Fortification (SAPFF) Program works with food processors to increase the compliance rates of private sector food processors against national food fortification mandates by increasing the production of fortified food staples in Nigeria, Kenya and Tanzania.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Driver’s priorities will broadly fall into the following categories:
- Drive staff for business-related purposes as requested.
- Ensure all necessary vehicle documents (e.g. insurance, registration documents, etc.) are present in the vehicle and up to date.
- Take care of vehicles tools and cleanliness.
- Accurately fill in the vehicle log book with details of each journey.
- Immediately report any accidents, technical faults or failures, damages, and maintenance needs to the appropriate staff member, and to note details in the vehicle log book.
- Ensure that assigned vehicle(s) are completely equipped with a first aid kit, spare tyres, working flashlight and batteries, vehicle jack, wheel brace and a tool kit (spanner, wrench, tyre removers, patch kit, etc.).
- Keep track of the scheduled service time of the vehicle in order to make sure that servicing is performed on time.
- Report to supervisor any vehicle defects that need repair.
- Assist in with general administrative/office duties, such as messenger duties, sending/collecting/distributing post and faxes, filing, photocopying, etc.
- Support project staff as necessary while on tour as may be designated.
- As a member of the business unit, work collaboratively with team members to ensure good coordination, communication, planning, and customer service to staff and programmatic operations, including providing cover for and support to others, and undertaking duties as delegated by the line manager.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your Supervisor.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of SSCE (WAEC) level of education
- Basic driving and mechanics certificates
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in long trips driving
- A Valid driving license
- Certificate of Good Conduct or equivalent
- Recommendation letter by 2 Referees (of Professional relationship)
- The ability and willingness to travel nationally, sometimes to remote locations
- Good communication skills in both local dialects and English
- Flexible, reliable, adaptable, responsible and team-oriented.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Experience working with staff from diverse backgrounds
Deadline for application: June 14, 2021; 17h00 WAT
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
95 total views, 1 today