Full-Time Project Manager Job at Owens and Xley Consults
Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Manager
Job Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are a construction firm seeking a 3-month contract with a results-driven Project Coordinator to plan, organize, and direct the activities of our construction projects
. * S/He will be responsible for ensuring construction projects run smoothly.
Duties for the Project Coordinator will include:
- Provide administrative support to Construction Manager
- Track and communicate project risks and opportunities
- Perform daily site checks to monitor progress.
- Document, record and communicate all issues and technical deviations.
- Inspect the construction site to ensure appropriate level of quality control in all project phases.
- Ensure project completion is within budget, schedule and in conformance with specifications.
- Monitor material and tools spending to stay within budget.
- Provide required documents for all implementations and activities on site.
- Identify ways to increase the profitability of projects & reduce expenses where possible.
- Coordinate with the material supply chain to provide the needed supplies.
- Supervise and facilitate installation of equipment and component to guarantee every process is running due standards.
- Prepare periodic construction progress reports from the site to the Construction Manager.
- Collaborate with the Construction Manager to provide all required safety needs.
- Maintain records of all construction dates and project costs.
- Design and control the project schedule.
- Liaise with clients to determine the project’s objectives.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years of experience in construction project management.
- Degree in Building Construction, Civil Engineering, or related field.
- PMP Certification will be an added advantage.
- Exceptional project administration & budget management skills.
- Excellent multitasking, communicating & organizational skills.
- Ability to read & interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Have in-depth knowledge of materials, building codes & regulations.
- Ability to use computer programs specific to the construction industry, such as scheduling and estimating software.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, database, and email software.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work semi-autonomously, making decisions without excessive oversight.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
14 total views, 1 today