Part-Time RADIO OPERATOR – GS4
Under the overall supervision of the Administrative Officer for WHO Nigeria, direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the incumbent will be in charge of the following tasks: * Logistics support/Travels
- Hotel booking/reservation for staff and visiting consultants on mission
- Obtain quotations from various hotels for best pricing for meeting venues and services as requested
- Coordinating and facilitating the travel arrangement of WHO staff, their family members, Consultants and Partners traveling on WHO missions within and outside the country.
- Coordinate the process of Identify new hotels and negotiate best discount rates for WHO staff and Consultants following due process, which culminates in security clearance of those recommended and then their listing as approved hotels.
- Provide airport reception services, upon request for all international arrival and departure involving key Staff and family members. Prior update on staff arrivals and departures to ensure service delivery.
- Monitoring Tracpoint transport management software for pertinent management action.
- Radio and Communications Operations
- Operate all communication equipment for monitoring of vehicular movement and personnel through Conduct periodic radio checks, equipment inspection for possible faults.
- Enforcing ethical use of radio.
- Train newly recruited / arriving / visiting staff in the use of radio communication equipment
- Security support
- Allocate and compile call sign list for UNDSS weekly Radio Check; regular update of record.
- Facilitate night airport shuttles mobile police and care Arrange car hire.
- Consolidate list of staff/consultants arriving/departing for use of country management.
- Process TRIP security clearance
- Training staff on the use of TRIP and various security modules
- Facilitate appointment for security briefing with UNDSS.
- Mobile and Satellite telephony
- Regular liaison with mobile and satellite phone providers for faults, billing and new policy.
- Management of mobile and satellite SIM card issue, tracking, real time usage and replacement.
- Facilitate processing mobile phone SIM cards for personnel at separation.
- Verify and process monthly IEC and MTN invoices for payment.
- Analysis of mobile and Satellite telephony cost patterns for management.
Competencies; 1. Communicating credibly and effectively 2. Foster integration and teamwork; 3. Produce results; 4. Move forward in a changing environment; 5. Manage resources effectively. Functional Knowledge and Skills: – The incumbent will demonstrate mastery; actualize his knowledge in the use of modern office technology through internal courses, on the job or self-training. He / she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in Country Office, and WHO.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school followed by Administrative training.
- Desirable: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or equivalent
- Essential: Minimum 4 years of experience in a recognized public or private institution
- Desirable: Experience in administrative support positions within WHO or another UN agency is an asset. Experience in Oracle-based systems or another ERP-like system is an asset.
Essential – Fluency in English.
Desirable – Working knowledge of French would be an advantage
World Health Organization
3 total views, 1 today