Full-Time Recruitment for a Technical Assistant to the Chairman
Machine and Equipment Corporation Africa Limited (MECA) is an Engineering, Operations and Technical Asset Management Corporation. MECA’s operations and activity in Africa is aimed at significantly increasing the number of farmers, entrepreneurial mindsets, technology transfer and enhancing technical skills in the region; development of workable regional strategies based on cultural; social and human capital preservation and bridging gaps between strategic partners and stakeholders at regional, national and international levels
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Technical Assistant to the Chairman
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Detailed Job Roles
- Exceptional experience in providing support to the Chairman with minimal or zero supervision; anticipating needs while handling the day-to-day workflow of the President, filtering and prioritizing numerous tasks and activities, including scheduling, business creation, analysis, preparation of materials and presentation of meetings, and engaging in a wide variety of special projects.
- Ability to complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Chairman’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Chairman, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect Chairman’s style and organization policy
- Effectively draft and review error-free letters, proposals and agreements of various kinds.
- Managing internal and external correspondence for on behalf of the President and the CIFCFEN
- Develop reports and presentation slides, talking briefs and talking points as assigned by the Chairman.
- Work with the Executive Team and staff to coordinate the Chairman’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the Chairman to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Making travel arrangements on behalf of the Chairman.
- Researching opportunities (events, projects, training, businesses, etc), and engaging networks relevant to the work of the CIFCFEN
- Any other duties assigned by management.
Qualification / Skills Required
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Law or any Social Sciences discipline
- Ph.D or Master’s Degree is strongly required
- Professional Qualifications such as Chartered Secretaries an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience as a Technical Assistant or as a Lawyer
- Strong drafting skills is strongly required.
- Project management skills
- Business development skills
- Strong interpersonal and administrative skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expertise in MS Office applications
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners.
- Ability to make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, start-up environment.
- Ability to perform well within a cross-functional team environment and diverse communities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- All CV’s must be saved with the full name of the candidate(s). Non-compliant CV’s will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
12 total views, 1 today