Full-Time Regional Head – Business Support & Recovery Department. (BSRD)
Our client is looking to hire for this position. The job holder will be responsible for achieving a reduction in non-performing loans and maintain the same and recovering the delinquent accounts in a timely manner with minimal cost to the Bank.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Management level
- Experience Length: 12 years
- B Sc. in Accountancy/Finance, Banking, Economics, Business Administration or Bachelor of Law or any other relevant qualification. A Master’s degree in a related course will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 12years Banking experience out of which 3years must be as a senior management staff in the Recovery department/unit of a reputable bank.
- Professional qualification such as Institute of Debt Recovery Practitioners of Nigeria (AIDRPN), ACIB, ACA, ACCA, BL. RIMAN or any other professional courses.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To articulate strategies to facilitate recovery of NPLs on a case-by-case basis.
- Responsible for negotiations with high net-worth customers and Politically Exposed Persons in the regions on delinquent accounts.
- Responsible for after-action review of bad loans and identify learning points that are shared with staff to forestall future occurrences.
- Formulation of strategies to initiate, coordinate and effectively execute repossession of Bank-financed assets from recalcitrant debtors.
- Responsible for providing Loan-Workout support and advisory basically for commercial, corporate, retail/small and medium scale, and agribusiness-based loans to account officers on a regular basis.
- To organize quarterly Credit Reviews with relationship teams in attendance to criticize troubled Retail, Commercial and Corporate accounts and take strategic remedial or recovery decisions to resolve the same.
- Making presentations at CRECO, Executive Credit Review, BCC, and other senior management credit-related meetings.
- Provide specialist support for early detection of problem loans and implement strategies and decisions to repair the same and prevent further deterioration.
- Liaising with security agencies in the respective regions to facilitate recovery from recalcitrant debtors.
- To provide critical support to the Bank’s Complaints and Revenue Assurance Departments in the resolution of high-profile customer complaints to CBN as it pertains to NPLs, to avert litigation and regulatory sanctions.
- Responsible for preparing the departmental standard operating manual for adoption.
- Formulation of recovery strategies for team members.
- Continuous training of team members on the Job.
- Formulation of the guidelines for recruiting or registering recovery agents, recovery agencies, or any other recovery-related third party and also monitor their performance.
- Credit Risk
- Sound decision making
- Business/Industry knowledge
- Knowledge of the Management of delinquent accounts
- Good knowledge & understanding of credit analysis
- Knowledge of the regulations guiding collateral liquidation.
- Knowledge of foreclosure of securitized assets.
- Understanding of recovery activities
- Understanding the intricacies of working with law enforcement agencies.
- Awareness of business trends locally and globally.
- A very good understanding of debtor’s psychology.
- Good knowledge of Nigerian Law as it relates to credit issues (Receivership, business Rescue, Insolvency, foreclosure, debt recovery etc.)
- Credit underwriting.
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
70 total views, 1 today