Full-Time Relationship Manager
Job summary: The job holder is accountable to the Head of Private Banking with the aim of selling the Bank’s private banking products and services, acquiring new customers, maintaining existing relationships, mobilising stable, sustainable and appropriately priced funds.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Source and participate in the acquisition of new clients to increase the teams’ market share of client.
- Solicit, develop, generate and manage full-service relationships with clients.
- Maintain client data base, keeping current client plans up-to-date and engaging new clients on an ongoing basis
- Provide expertise and professional investment advice using the best services and products available to ensure clients financial and non-financial goals are met.
- Provide clients with a high level of individualised customer service consistent with their service needs and expectations.
- Track client’s investments and give proactive suggestions to enhance the portfolio performance on a regular basis.
- Continuous analysis of the competitive environment and identify/ monitor the product/service needs of the customer segment.
- Keep abreast of new regulations or policies that may affect various investment decisions/strategies of clients.
- Inform clients of new financial products and services and changes to legislation regarding their savings and investments.
- Acquire a strong knowledge of financial markets, relevant legal, tax and regulatory issues as well as asset allocation models.
- Develop products in line with the needs of clients.
- Ensure that weekly and monthly activity status and performance reports for the unit are prepared for the attention of the Head of Department.
- Ensure proper KYC procedures are in place and strictly adhered to reactivation of dormant account
- Promote sales through frequent client meetings and discussions covering new products, market and industry developments.
- Develop strategic sales plan in coordination with other colleagues as appropriate
- Comply with all Bank’s compliance requirements including KYC
- Minimum of First degree or its equivalent.
- Relevant professional qualifications. A relevant Master’s degree/ MBA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6-8 years cognate experience. Experience should typically be in credit/marketing, relationship management, treasury sales, private banking and funds management functions in the banking sector
- Good understanding of treasury and private banking products/services.
- Ability to generate income, grow customer base and manage strategic relationships with clients/ customers.
- Strong marketing, relationship management and networking skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability.
- Proven experience in building strong internal and external client relationship
- Excellent selling, negotiation and organizational skills
- Proven track record in customer development and retention
- Ability to work with all levels of senior management
- Ability to generate ideas and drive development of new business
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Possess the ability to mobilize internal networks and resources
27 total views, 1 today