Part-Time Relationship Manager / Business Development Officer
The role is exclusive to Chinese national with language proficiency in Mandarin and English. Key focus area for the successful candidate is identifying business opportunities across the Asian business in Nigeria and working collaboratively with China Rep Officer to onboard new relationships. Preference are Chinese candidates who currently reside in Nigeria and/or those willing to relocate to Nigeria.
- Responsible for providing trade referrals and deal origination to the Bank and its subsidiaries for businesses in the Asian (Chinese) corridor particularly businesses within Nigeria and China.
- Identify and support the conversion of business opportunities that may result in growth and income for the Banking Group.
- Provide advisory services to Asian businesses in China seeking to do business in Nigeria and in any of the Bank presence countries.
- Work with the Chief Rep Officer to provide the link (transaction liaison) between the Bank locations and China Rep Office.
- Collate commercial information for Nigeria and other subsidiaries.
- Coordinate visits on behalf of the Bank and any of its affiliates Staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify Asian business opportunities for the Bank and its subsidiaries, working in close conjunction with the Chief Rep Officer, ITBG, CMBG and relevant business units.
- Identify business and lending opportunities for the Bank and its subsidiaries from the host country and vice versa, working in close conjunction with Head Office SBUs and other subsidiaries (ITBG, CBG, CMBG, Retail Banking, Private Banking, UK Subsidiary, SSA subsidiaries, etc.)
- Establish business plans and plan current and long-term objectives for the regional office
- Plan and execute a market penetration strategy that will propel the Bank’s offerings to identified target markets
- Refer identified business opportunities to Head Office SBUs and other subsidiaries
- Promote the Bank to host country-based institutions/corporates/individuals as their preferred service provider for their banking/transaction needs
- Maintain post-referral relationships with referred customers and their Relationship Managers, escalate issues to the responsible Head, and ensure total resolution of customer/prospects issues from the China/Asian end
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant regulators at the regional levels and ensure full compliance with regulations. Escalate promptly all regulatory challenges to the Chief Rep Officer and ITBG
- Develop and recommend growth initiatives for Asian business in the Bank and other subsidiaries.
- Anticipate emerging trends within host country and plan responses to address trends
- Obtain and provide up-to-date intelligence on business opportunities to position the Bank for competitive advantage.
- Provide liaison and other logistics support to Executives and Staff of the Bank on official duties to China.
- Facilitate and lead deal generations out of the host country
- Provide advisory service to host country prospects looking to invest in Nigeria or any of the Bank presence countries.
- Prepare and submit regular reports on operational activities to GE, T&ITBG
Risks Inherent in the Role (if any)
- Inability to monitor closely from the Group the activities of the BDOs in Nigeria
- BDO’s inability to comprehend and comply fully with statutory and legal obligations of the host country
- Possible non-compliance with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook of the Bank
Inability to immediately understand the Bank approach to work and business conduct.
- Stakeholder Management (GE, ITBG, GE, CMBG, Heads of SBUs/Departments within the Ban, etc)
- Internal and external communication management
- Time management/Planning for adequate supervision and control of Regional Office
- Financial Management (ensuring that expenses are maintained within approved budget)
Key Performance Indicators
- Number and value of Asian business referred and converted
- Total value of deals originated
- Customer Service excellence
- Market penetration in Asian businesses
- Expense budget management
Minimum Education: First degree in any economics/finance/accounting or relevant numerate discipline
Minimum experience: 7 (seven) years working experience with at least 5 years in banking and/or business development, especially in Institutional/Corporate Banking, and with good exposure to International Banking and Project Finance
Key Competency Requirements
- Sound Understanding of foreign trade operations including regulations and tax implications
- Good understanding of credit and operational risk frameworks
- Banking operations, products and services
- Banking structure, policies and procedures.
- Industry knowledge
- Banking services/products
- Sound knowledge of the global business environment and Nigerian regulatory framework
- Good knowledge of the relevant host country business environment
- Good understanding of corporate, political and host country’s risk
- Good understanding/ability to read and speak Mandarin/Cantonese
- Budgeting & Control
- Financial Analysis
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Project Management.
- Business/ Operational Strategy
- Stakeholder Management
- Trade Services
- Marketing/ Sales
- Business Development
- Customer Relationship Management
- Client Industry Knowledge
- Business Advisory
- Report rendition
- Deal negotiation/origination
© 2021: Antal International
Antal International operates as both an Employment Agency & an Employment Business under laws applicable to Executive Search & Selection Firms, Recruitment Consultants & Recruitment Agencies in the UK, Europe & Asia. UK Registered Number 06020652
33 total views, 1 today