Full-Time Restaurant Manager
The Restaurant Manager will ensure that the brand operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining its reputation and ethos. They must coordinate a variety of activities and are responsible for the business performance, quality standards and health and safety of the restaurant. Combining strategic planning and day-to-day management activities.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Management level
- Experience Length: 7 years
The role is both business-like and creative, particularly in terms of marketing and business development.
- Take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant
- Analyse and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Organise marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
- Prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
- Create and execute plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
- Set budgets or agree on them with senior management.
- Recruit, train, manage and motivate staff;
- Respond to customer queries and complaints
- Meet and greet customers, organise table reservations and offer advice about the menu and wine choices;
- Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
- Check stock levels, order supplies.
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors.
- Organize and supervise shifts.
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity.
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Manage the restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it.
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste.
- Create detailed reports on monthly revenues and expenses.
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events.
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices.
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations.
- Achievement of budgeted food sales.
- Achievement of budgeted beverage sales.
- Achievement of budgeted labour costs.
- Achieve maximum profitability and over-all success by controlling costs and quality of service.
- Liaise with the Brand Manager to come up with Restaurant Marketing campaigns.
- Supervise and scrutinize the scheduling staff as necessary to ensure adequate and consistent levels of service
- To supervise and coordinate the daily operation of meeting/banquet set-ups and service.
- Follow proper purchasing and requisitioning procedures.
- Maintain records for inventory, labour cost, and food cost etc.
- Work with Food and Beverage Controller to carry out menu planning and pricing.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining all departmental control procedures.
- Development and maintenance of department manuals.
- Responsible for Restaurant Bar control policies and completion of necessary forms.
- Maintain records for inventory, labour and food cost etc.
- This is a supervisory role. You would manage and supervise all Restaurant Staff who report to you directly.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is usually indoors, in a controlled environment, and experiences a moderate noise level.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee will be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; kneel stoop or crouch.
- The employee occasionally will handle and move objects which include but is not limited to glasses and dishes using hands and arm.
- Visual precision abilities required by this role include but not exclusively close and distant vision.
Required Education and Experience
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or any relevant field.
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years experience with a reputable Hotel Brand.
● Previous serving experience required.
● Sufficient Culinary academy
● Excellent oral communication skills required.
● Positive interpersonal skills required.
● Impeccable command of English
● Great organizational skills
● Customer Relationship Management
● Great Team Spirit
● Proficient use of Microsoft Office Packages
●Professional certifications would be an added advantage.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
View & Apply
47 total views, 1 today