Full-Time School Finance Manager At Imagine Early Years And Elementary
At Imagine Early Years and Elementary, we believe that our role as the more knowledgeable individual is to help guide our children to a place of understanding of things around them, helping to develop and connect neural pathways, never telling – always asking (why, who, what, how..?) to encourage critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Finance Manager
Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
- The School Finance Manager plays an important role within the school’s Business Office by assisting and supporting the School Administrator and Director as the case may be.
- He/She is required to demonstrate a high level of competency in financial matters and accountability to prepare regular, accurate, and timely financial reports.
- In addition to this, the School Finance Manager will provide leadership to the finance staff and will report directly to the School Director.
Financial Management and Development:
- Perform the day-to-day activities associated with financial reporting and general ledger maintenance and control.
Debtor and Fee Management:
- Prepare and administer debtor payments/funds received for banking
- Liaise with the College Finance Officer to allocate late payment fees to debtor accounts
- Maintain all accounts receivable records and backup material, ensuring the type of record retained and period of storage meets regulatory and legal requirements
Financial Reporting and Development:
- Prepare the Annual Financial Statements (AFS), including all end-of-year financial accounts and reports.
- Liaise with and assist external auditors in conducting the annual interim and final audit of the School.
- Ensure internal controls are adhered to and maintained.
- Report any breach of internal controls to the School Director.
- Complete all regulatory, educational and general compliance requirements as they fall due.
- Prepare financial statements for presentation to the School Management as required
- Prepare and compile the Annual Budget for review and approval by the agreed timeline.
- Liaise with Heads of Department to ensure all necessary financial data is made available for the construction of an accurate Annual Budget
- Identify weaknesses and risks inherent within the budgetary processes
- Issue monthly Financial Statements and relevant reports to budget holders as required.
- Monitor Budget expenditure and follow up budget exceptions with Departmental Heads as required.
- Advise the School Director of inherent risks, errors, and omissions in any returns
General Ledger Maintenance and Control:
- Prepare and maintain accurate monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare and maintain bank reconciliations as required, ensuring approval by the School Director on a monthly basis
- Prepare month-end accounting entries
- Prepare and enter into the general ledger all fortnightly payroll journal entries in accordance with AFS and salary packaging deductions.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance and reconciliation of the School Asset Register, including regular audit of School Assets and their condition.
- Contribute to the administrative functions of the School, specifically as they relate to financial matters involving payments and entitlements
- On a timely basis, prepare, communicate and distribute school fee statements to all families each term.
- Complete all regulatory, educational, and general compliance requirements and returns as they fall due.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the School Administration software package and maintain its operation in conjunction with IT support
- Review and approve College purchase orders as required and if appropriate, identify improvements in the school ordering process
- Ensure that all administrative duties, checks, documentation, reports, and returns (internal and external) are completed accurately and submitted within required deadlines.
- Other duties as directed by the School Director.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree
- Must have 4-18 years work experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
54 total views, 1 today