Full-Time School Guidance Counselor
School guidance counselor help students develop the academic and social skills needed to succeed, personally and professionally.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Evaluating students’ abilities and interests through aptitude assessments, interviews, and individual planning
- Identifying issues that affect school performance, such as poor classroom attendance rates
- Helping students understand and overcome social or behavioral problems through classroom guidance lessons and counseling
- Counseling individuals and small groups on the basis of student and school needs
- Working with students to develop skills, such as organizational and time management abilities and effective study habits
Helping students create a plan to achieve academic and career goals * Collaborating with teachers, administrators, and parents to help students succeed
Teaching students and school staff about specific topics, such as bullying, drug abuse, and planning for college or careers after graduation
Maintaining records as required
Reporting possible cases of neglect or abuse and referring students and parents to resources outside the school for additional support
School Guidance Counselor Skills & Competencies
To be successful in this field, you will need to be:
- Trustworthy: Maintain the confidentiality of students, parents, and teachers unless something needs to be brought to the attention of the authorities,
- Perceptive: Understand what’s really going on to find a solution.
- Objective: Be nonjudgmental so that a fair determination can be made that is not based on hearsay or bias.
- Truthful: Be honest with students, teachers, and parents to gain their trust in order to determine the problem and appropriate solution.
- A problem-solver: Be able to properly handle difficult situations, such as a student dealing with domestic abuse, addiction, or a criminal environment.
- Ethical: Seek the proper intervention, for example, if the student is suspected of having committed a crime such as theft or drug abuse.
- Master’s Degree in School Counselling/Guidance & Counselling with 4 – 5 years work experience.
- Exceptional communication ability
- Proven working experience in school counseling
- Computer literacy
- Sound judgment and emotional intelligence
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
View & Apply
27 total views, 1 today