Full-Time School Nurse At Camilla Brook Place
Camilla Brook Place is a first class nursery and primary school located in the heart of Yaba, Lagos. We see each child as a unique and precious gift entreated into our care. We place emphasis on the individual child, encouraging each child’s innate inquisitiveness and abilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Nurse
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Your primary responsibility will be to provide health services to students when they are at school.
- For example, you’ll treat injuries and mild to acute sicknesses, or support students with chronic illnesses.
- You’ll also help with preventive care by educating students on how to avoid communicable diseases and having proper hygiene.
- Provide basic healthcare to students and staff in case of injury or acute illness
- Detect health problems in early stages through regular screenings
- Keep track of students’ vaccination records
- Update students’ medical history
- Ensure school environment is safe for children and school staff (e.g. prevention of communicable diseases)
- Write referrals for paediatricians and other health specialists
- Serve as liaisons between school personnel, family, and community healthcare providers to ensure a healthy school environment
- Developing health plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care
- Serving as consultants with other school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers, coaches, and counsellors
- Providing health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases and assessing the school environment to prevent injury and ensure safety
- Overseeing infection control measures
- Actively participating in school safety plans that address school violence, bullying, and emergencies that may occur at school
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans
- Overseeing vision, hearing, body mass index, and mental health screening procedures
- Making decisions related to the delegation of healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance.
- To succeed in this role, you must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate with children, their parents or guardians, and teachers.
- A First Degree in Nursing.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) and possess relevant license
- Minimum of 3 – 10 years cognate experience preferably in a school environment
- Basic knowledge of diverse areas of health including mental health
- Ability to work independently or with others
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to assess situations and act quickly
- Knowledge of state health regulations
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be female.
- If you meet these requirements, and you also have a genuine interest in improving children’s lives, we’d like to hear from you.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: or using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only selected candidates will be contacted.
10 total views, 1 today