Full-Time School Nurse
A prominent private school is accepting application from qualified applicant for the post of a School Nurse
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 3 years
General Nursing Duties:
- Classroom rounds and checking of pupils as regards to their personal hygiene.
- Collecting all prescribed drugs for safe keeping and proper administration
- Supervision of pupils during P.E. and break time
- Administering first aid treatment to sick children and staff. And also observation of any change in condition.
- Documentation of every detailed treatment in the medical report book.
- Notifying the Head of School of any accidents, change in condition or any treatment administered on any pupil or staff during school hours.
- Writing of medical report to accompany any child who has received first aid treatment.
- Reporting any outbreak of communicable diseases to the Head of School as soon as it is observed.
- Sending of medical newsletter to inform parents and guardian of outbreak and precautions to be taken.
- Ensuring that any pupil affected by any communicable infection is kept at home and a medical clearance certificate is required before such pupil is admitted back in the school.
- Visiting of pupils who are on prolonged hospitalization.
- Escorting sick pupil to the hospital after parent consent in emergency.
- Delivering periodic health talks during assembly, in classrooms on important health issues e.g. Harmattan, season, personal hygiene etc.
- Using of health write-ups on schoolboards, in the toilets and classrooms as a media for health awareness to the pupils, teachers and parents.
Health and Safety Management:
- Designation of all support staff to various post
- Delegation of duties to support staff.
- Thorough inspection of classroom furnitures, fixtures and electrical fittings.
- Hourly monitoring of toilets.
- Thorough inspection of play equipment and playing grounds on daily basis.
- Daily inspection of water dispensers, water bottles and ensuring regular supply of water refills.
- Supervision of waste evacuation by the waste disposal managers.
- supervision of all gardening duties inside and outside the school premises
- Liaising with the janitor in regard to other aspect of facility management mentioned above:
- Reporting any electrical, plumbing and carpentry defects or fault which may be detriment to the health of the pupils and staff.
- Ensuring that all repairs are done, inspected, and confirmed fit for use.
- Regular purchase of cleaning materials.
- regular purchase of medical supplies for the sickbay
- Applicant must be an RN / RM / BNS / BLS from a reputable institution with at least 3 years cognate experience.
- Experience as School Nurse will be an added advantage.
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
View & Apply
73 total views, 1 today