Part-Time Secretary to the Incident Manager
Who we are
(eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We leverage our staff and department expertise across five programmatic areas:
- Health Delivery Systems
- Public Health Emergency Management Systems
- Disease Surveillance Systems
- Laboratory & Diagnostic Systems
- Nutrition & Food Security Systems
In each of these programmatic areas, we partner with governments, communities, nonprofits, and other stakeholders to generate holistic solutions, because we believe that every community deserves access to the types of tools that can enable them to lead healthier lives.
Purpose of the position
The Secretary will assume the duty of clerical and administrative support in order to optimize workflow procedures in the office. S/he will assist colleagues and executives by supporting them with planning and distributing information. S/he will be the point of reference for all queries, requests or issues and will be an integral part of the company’s workforce.
What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Work with the National Incident Manager by answering phone calls and redirect them when necessary
- Manage the daily/weekly/monthly agenda and arrange new meetings and appointments
- Helping prepare for meetings and managing databases
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, memos, and forms
- File and update the contact information of employees, customers, suppliers and external partners
- Support and facilitate the completion of regular reports
- Maintaining diaries and arranging appointments
- Implementing new procedures and administrative systems
- Liaising with relevant organizations and clients
- Coordinating mail-shots and similar publicity tasks
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Check frequently the levels of office supplies and place appropriate orders
- Make travel arrangements for the National IM when the need arises.
- Document expenses report by performing basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment as well as a proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Adheres to Policies and procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa code of conduct as well as ethical standards.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes, and supervision. Presents complex ideas and anticipates potential objections.
- Clearly communicates any ramifications of decisions and issues to project stakeholders, and presents alternatives.
- Supervises and writes reports on the program for management and donor agencies.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Secretarial Studies, and Administration or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years Secretarial experience with the Public Health Sector, NGO, multinational, Blue chip industry.
- expert use of technology; Ms office suites, printers, scanners, photocopiers,
- professional certification as an administrative professional IAAP certification
- Proven work experience as a secretary or administrative assistant
- Familiarity with office organization and optimization techniques
- High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Must possess a high level of integrity, Professionalism, and responsibility
eHA Gender Diversity Statement
At eHealth Africa, diversity is integral to who we are. We value and honor diverse backgrounds and experiences, strive to create inclusive and equitable working environments that promote Learning, Fairness, and Opportunities for all.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
We believe strongly in our mission and values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
IMPACT & QUALITY:
We push ourselves to maintain high standards ensuring that we produce the most meaningful results in everything we do, no matter how big or small..
INNOVATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING:
We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We take smart risks and foster an environment where creativity and innovation thrive.
We are honest and truthful in our work. We always do what is right, even when it is not easy. We put our values into practice and hold each other accountable.
29 total views, 1 today