Part-Time Secretary/Travels Assistant – GS5
Under the overall supervision of the Administrative Officer for WHO Nigeria, direct supervision of the Travel and Protocol Officer, the incumbent will be in charge of the following tasks: * Provide Administrative support to all the PEP Cluster Officers.
- Initiate correspondence projects on the orientation of Program Managers; finalize them in accordance with WHO and departmental styles and check language, grammar and accuracy before submission for approval and signature;
- Prepare and process travel requests for team members using GSM, work with the travel unit to arrange for visa issuance, security clearance, flight and hotel bookings, follows up travel related issues of national and international missions; Organize the administrative preparation of internal and external meetings.
- Analyze correspondence and requests received, highlight incoming documents and attach background information and identify areas requiring action by Program Managers, drawing attention to important issues.
- Obtain information documents for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. which Program Administrators take part in, verify their availability and ensure that they have the appropriate information files and documents;
- Ensure that technical reports and documents conform to WHO standards, rules, practices, procedures and editing style and correct them as necessary prior to submission to the Representative’s signature.
- Use GSM to prepare requests for official travel by Program Administrators. Make airline and hotel reservations, prepare travel records and handle other related matters upon request;
- To collaborate and interact with other Programme Assistants in the other Clusters for administrative support related to cross cutting functions/which is of cross cutting in nature.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed, +
Competencies; 1. Communicating Credibly and Effectively 2. Foster integration and teamwork; 3. Produce results; 4. Move forward in a changing environment; 5. Manage resources effectively. Functional Knowledge and Skills: – The incumbent will demonstrate mastery; actualize his knowledge in the use of modern office technology through internal courses, on the job or self-training. He / she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in Country Office, organic group and WHO, to be able to brief and explain procedures to other members Staff.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school followed by Administrative training.
- Desirable: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or equivalent
- Essential: Minimum 5 years of experience in a recognized public or private institution
- Desirable: Experience in administrative support positions within WHO or another UN agency is an asset. Experience in Oracle-based systems or another ERP-like system is an asset.
Essential – Fluency in English.
Desirable – Working knowledge of French would be an advantage.
World Health Organization
4 total views, 1 today