Full-Time Senior Finance & Administrative Officer
Title: Senior Finance & Administrative Officer
Location: Darmaturu, Nigeria
Supervisor: State Coordinator
This position will report to the State Coordinator and will be responsible for accounting and finance and overall coordination for the state offices and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of Nigeria’s programs/projects with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide main support with problem resolution on AENN project cash accounts, bank resolutions, finance systems, resolution of audited questioned costs, and financial close outs at the state level.
2. Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the state offices, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
3. Prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities.
4. Oversee contractual issues for the state offices.
5. Ensure continuous flow of funds to state office and to sub recipients.
6. Provide support to and coordinate the FHI 360/Nigeria AENN project activities within USAID guidelines and regulations.
7. Collaborate with relevant parties from programs, finance and contracts and grants, to develop subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
8. Oversee capacity building activities and other support to sub awardees in the focus states.
9. Serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
10. Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the field offices (as relevant).
11. Keep proper office records/filings as appropriate.
12. Record minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the field staff.
13. Provide logistic support for workshops and trainings.
14. Coordinate all records/storage of supplies for the Abuja office.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations
2. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
3. Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills.
4. Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
5. Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
6. Report on variances and status on regular basis.
7. Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
8. Routine coordination with AENN employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
9. Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial and related management information.
10. Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
11. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
12. Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
13. Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values always.
14. Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
15. Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
16. Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Qualifications and requirements:
1. BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
2. Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
3. Minimum of 1-3 years experience in accounting related to international development programs.
4. Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
5. CPA, ACA, ICAN or recognized equivalent is an advantage.
6. Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
7. Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
20 total views, 1 today