Full-Time Senior Finance Officer At Widows And Orphans Empowerment Organisation
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not – for – profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives.
WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly financial reports
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports
- Post-Implementing Agencies financials report.
- Post, maintain and reconcile financials in QuickBooks Accounting software.
- Prepare other periodic financial reports as may be requested
- Prepare cash advance liquidations for review and submission to the donor.
- Support successful external audit of WEWE corporate finances yearly.
- Facilitate effective, efficient and timely financial transaction recordings, review all postings from state offices and merge with HO postings
- Support proper budget monitoring/management in a manner that will aid good management decisions on project expenditures.
- Ensure compliance on statutory deductions and remittances
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Accounting
- Second class upper / upper credit division will be added advantage.
- Additional professional certifications or a postgraduate diploma will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in the use of Quick book accounting software.
- Ability to develop financial budgets for donors
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ICAN or ACCA).
- Experience with NGO is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails / mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. We are recruiting to fill the position below: …
Kano, Kano State
EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services.…
International Rescue Committee
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 …
15 total views, 1 today