Full-Time Senior Financial Accountant (Deputy Head of Accounts)
The Concept Group is looking to hire for this position.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 6 years
- Maintaining accurate books, records, and schedules of all accounts.
- Ensures timely preparation of periodic financial reports
- Prepare for and review annual audit work papers and ensure adjustments journals are passed to agree company’s books and records with the audited financial statements;
- Work with internal and external auditors during fieldwork exercises and in the preparation of annual audited financial statements.
- Monthly review of bank reconciliations, loan schedules, etc.
- Manage all intercompany transactions and ensure reconciliation
- Develop and monitor all financial systems with a view to improve and streamline procedures.
- Ensure that policies and procedures set by Group are implemented and internal controls are operating effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Ensure that all accounting systems, procedures are in line with the International Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard
- Maintain quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Continuously update, review and document the Company’s financial policies and procedures
- Lead staff development and succession planning for financial Control team members
- Actively recruit, mentor, and develop team members’ capability and future leadership potential
- Ensures statutory and internal reporting are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and are fully compliant with the company’s policies and procedures
- Implements effective accounting procedures and internal controls which conform to corporate standards and best practices.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, vendors, advisors, and external auditors
- Maintain efficient and effective fixed assets system covering the day-to-day recording and control over the company’s fixed assets.
- Scrutinize payment vouchers before payment is effected with a view to controlling expenses.
- Attend to internal and external Audit requests/enquiries and ensure Audit report recommendations are followed up and implemented according to the company’s procedures.
- Ensuring timely rendition of statutory returns to government agencies
- Ensure and supervises the documentation of Asset & Liabilities Committee Meeting ( ALCO)
- Other functions that may be required by Management
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations, presenting strategies to the management
- Responsible for legally minimizing tax liabilities through the informed application of tax laws and regulations
- Manage tax compliance, reporting, and filing for the Group
- Oversee tax audit exercises and follow up with the relevant government agencies
- Work closely with the company’s tax consultants on tax-related matters
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all tax returns
- Establish appropriate systems or processes for tax risk management for the Group
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support on business operation matters to the Group
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, economics, or related fields.
- 5+ years experience in the field at minimum, preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Internationally recognized accounting professional qualifications (ACA CPA, ACCA, CMA,)
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well -developed accounting skills and IFRS Knowledge
- High level of integrity and ethical behavior – sets a good example
- Proven record of leading and developing subordinates
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and delegate
- Solid team player with high energy and go get attitude to deliver results
- High degree of resilience, self-initiative with a positive attitude
- Mature, proactive, resourceful, and hands-on with good initiative
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
25 total views, 2 today