Full-Time Senior Fraud Analyst
Our mission is to make banking free across Africa, empowering our customers to control their financial lives by ensuring financial services are affordable, efficient, and widely available.
We are pursuing a once-in-a-generation opportunity to revolutionize financial services in Africa-lowering the cost and increasing the reach of banking while serving the next billion mobile consumers that are coming online
We are passionately customer-centric, delivering mobile banking with an exceptional user experience. We leverage advanced machine learning to allow us to create intelligent, affordable financial products for emerging markets where credit is not widely available
Headquartered in San Francisco, and growing rapidly in Mexico, Nigeria, and Kenya-Umba launched in the Nigerian market and is expanding quickly into additional markets. We offer a broad range of digital banking products to our customers through Android and iOS apps and have a culture of exceeding customer expectations which have generated explosive growth.
We are looking for exceptional talent but also for people that share our vision, drive, and sense of mission. Come join us to build the biggest neo-bank in Africa.
The Senior Fraud Analyst will be responsible for evaluating incidents of suspected financial crime committed against Umba and its customers and making recommendations about future measures. The analyst will proactively identify potential financial crime through in-depth analysis and effectively respond to reported claims of fraud. Working closely with Umba’s Product, Customer Experience, and Data Science teams, fraud will be a big part of your day-to-day, you will need to have worked on Fraud related projects previously and understand the consumer fraud landscape. Part coach, project manager, consultant, and product expert, our Umba Senior Fraud Analyst will continually be focused on helping our customers improve their personal financial goals and figuring out the best ways to use our services in a safe manner. Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption. Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships. Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues In this role, you will:
- Manage and conduct comprehensive, detailed investigations of suspected financial crime activity.
- Engage in critical thinking and leverage data analysis techniques and pattern detection to uncover fraudulent activities.
- Utilize internal systems and tools for obtaining information and documenting cases
- Remediate activity deemed fraudulent/suspicious as per industry and business best practices.
- Manage multiple cases at a time and maintain case closure Service Level Agreements within specified timeframes
- Oversee the day to day production of the Fraud team, with ownership of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and issue resolution
- Assist in developing and delivering training to team members and facilitating their professional development.
- Undertake research, documents checks, and financial crime risk assessment via internal and external sources
Skills and Qualifications
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in fraud investigations
- 1+ years supervisory experience of 4 – 15 fraud analysts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with superior attention to detail
- Resourceful, persistent, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing investigation policies, procedures, and training
- Confidence using and manipulating data to drive insights that help drive tangible team results. (Experience with SQL is a bonus)
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Valid work authorization for Nigeria
Umba is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Powered by JazzHR
3 total views, 1 today