Full-Time Senior Partner (Audit & Tax) – ICAN & CITN
Do you have a background in Accounting at undergraduate level?
Do you have a Master’s (MSc./MBA) degree
Can you provide accounts and tax related services to a wide range of clients spread across different sectors?
Are you seeking a role that will allow you to progress to the role of a Managing Partner according to your own merits and within a short timescale (1 year)?
We are an international and fast growing outsourcing firm headquartered ing the UK with regional offices in Nigeria providing accountancy, tax, HR and Secretarial services to the public sector and SMEs.
Our clients range from UK based high net worth individuals and entrepreneurs, SMEs, Lagos State Government national and listed companies with operations across the UK, China, Dubai and Nigeria.
Our regional office at CBD, Alausa, Ikeja is surrounded by Shoprite, The Secretariat, LIRS Head office, FIRS regional office, CAC Lagos office, CITN, CIPM, ICSA head offices etc and a handfull of clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and results oriented Partner (Audit & Tax) seeking rapid progression to Managing Partner to join our practise at one of our regional offices in Alausa, Ikeja office.
The role will be 60% tax and 40% audit whilst managing a client portfolio covering a wide range of business sectors, delivering accounting, audit, taxation and wide ranging general accountancy practice services.
As part of the firm’s medium-long term succession plan you will have a clear opportunity to progress to Managing Partner within 12 – 24 months and to become part of an international 8 Partner London/Lagos practice office with ambitious growth plans.
You will take responsibility for the delivery of Accountancy and Tax services especially Statutory Audit, Tax Audit and Consultancy which are the cash cows of the practise.
– Working alongside and directly with the Managing Partner on business development opportunities
– Manager portfolio of clients including sole traders, limited companies, partnerships and groups as well as maintaining the current client base and bringing new clients in to the business.
– Maintain client relations day to day and answering any queries and offer advice.
– Perform statutory audit work from start to finish including final meetings
– Handle a portfolio of clients requiring monthly and quarterly management accounts.
– Prepare statutory GAAP/IFRS accounts from client records and discuss results with clients
– Attend tax planning meetings at before the year end with Tax Partner and client
– Supervise and review associates
– Managing audit assignments, reviewing the audit planning, allocating work and briefing the team and maintaining and developing excellent client relationships.
– Responsible for audit assignments from planning through to completion, ensuring procedures are followed meticulously.
– Accounts preparation for both corporate and non-corporate clients to be reviewed by a managing partner.
– Preparation of Personal and Corporate IncomeTax Computations.
– Attendance at business networking events
– Regular liaison with the Partners on client and practice issues and review of work performed
– Providing training and support to new and existing partners/associates as needed.
– Improving processes and implementing new systems.
– Generating leads, converting potential clients to clients bringing new clients in to the business.
– Liaising with the client (LIRS/FIRS) and client partner on work assignments
– Responsibility for the compliance function for both personal tax and corporate tax clients including preparation of tax returns, monitoring tax return progress to ensure timely submission to LIRS & FIRS.
– Advising clients of tax liabilities on a timely basis, liaising with clients,
– Preparation of PAYE Settlement Agreements.
– Dealing with ad hoc tax consultancy assignments to support the Senior Tax Partner such as advising on the tax implications of incorporation, taxation of share scheme options and gains and capital gains tax planning
– Identifying tax planning opportunities and following these through with the relevant partner
– Delegating work to other partners/consultants reviewing the work when completed, assisting where necessary.
– Ensuring the efficient use of appropriate software packages internally and supporting clients’ accounting systems
– Maintains up to date understanding of client’s business.
– Maintains good working relationships with client staff.
– Is aware of the wide range of the Firms services and spots opportunities to potentially sell those services to clients.
– Takes an active role in business development, and promoting the firm in the local area.
Education and Qualifications
. You will be a Qualified Accountant & Tax Practitioner (ACA/ACCA & CITN) with significant general practice experience gained within a reputable chartered practice.
. Preparation of personal and corporate tax returns
. Experience of working in an accountancy practice
. Experience of using Microsoft packages, internet, email and computerised packages
. Experience of coaching or mentoring colleagues
Proven ability to adapt quickly to changing deadlines and priorities
. Experience of Sage, QuickBooks and similar programmes.
. You will be a proven leader with excellent staff management and client relationship skills.
. Strong organisation skills.
. Ability to network and develop contact
. Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
. Be proactive in identifying practical solutions to internal and client issues
. Be able to operate at a high level of confidentiality
– Competitive Salary (N100,000 – N150,000) with a possibility of increasing to N200,000 within 6 Months.
– Become part of the Executive Directors with Renumeration.
– Referral Commission @ 10% (one off)
– Performance Bonus (Quarterly)
– Exposure to HR and Secretarial services.
– Insight into other areas of diversification (Environment, Construction & Properties)
– Access to our network in the public sector (LIRS, FIRS, Ministry of Finance etc)
– Flexible Working Hours (10AM to 4PM)
– Work from Anywhere (Home/Client Office etc)
– Monthly One Day Off (Agreed Ahead)
– Career Progression from Partner to Managing Partner within a Year.
74 total views, 1 today