Full-Time Senior Product Manager – Banking, NG
FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets.
They started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and are rolling out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
So far they disbursed over 3,000,000 micro-loans and give more than 7,000 loans daily. They are backed by top notch US/EU investors and have raised over USD 15m Venture Capital to support a stellar growth. They are a team of +100 between Paris, Lagos, Bangalore in Engineering (Android, Data, Backend), Product, Marketing, Risk & Data Science and Operations – and they won’t rest before the FairMoney app is in the hand of millions!
Start with the client 📊
We are passionate, optimize for our users, care for our impact
Own, don’t rent 💥
We strive for ownership and don’t rest until what we own is accomplished
Scientist mindset 👩🔬
We solve large challenges, break them into small pieces, make well reasoned conclusions
Churn 9-5 🎯
Work should is something we love and embrace * that we measure in tasks achieved, not hours completed
Fly High – Fly Low 🙌
We fly high to make big and bold plans – strategize
We fly low and put our hands in the dirt to ensure the detailed high quality output of us and those that we manage
We value execution speed and making decisions with 70% of the available data and a 30% margin of error over 100% accuracy and being blocked by over-analysis
Direct Feedback 🤝
We don’t carry frustration with us but give direct feedback to our colleagues regularly to make sure we all improve and get better
Radical Focus 🔎
Our mantra is to start with the question, “What should not be done this week to increase the focus on the things that really matter
You will be working as our Senior Product Manager for the FairMoney Bank product. You will be responsible for defining and implementing a world-class product experience that allows millions of users to manage and improve their financial situation.
You will be part of the Product Team alongside our CPO, Rohan, Product Managers (Nicolas, Damien, Precious), Product Designers and Product Analysts. You will be based in our Nigerian office.
You will also partner closely with Engineering, Risk & Data Science and Operations to build a seamless and integrated digital lending product.
- Define the needs of our Nigerian clients in order to define a product vision and product roadmap;
- Coordinate a team of designers and developers, preparing the product specifications and following their implementation;
- Create clear goals for the team. Efficiently execute to ship product and deliver impact for our business and users;
- Coordinate with our lending partners and ensuring that their requirements are met;
- Stay up to date with regulatory requirements and enablers;
- Work with the Risk, Data Science and Growth department to ensure that the product is scalable and optimised;
- Work with User Researchers and Product Analysts to ensure the product is matching our customers expectations and ahead of competition;
- Build alignment around the product roadmap across Functions and BUs. Communicate the vision and roadmap to key stakeholders;
- Define and measure the metrics that inform the impact and success of your product.
Qualification & skills:
- 6+ years of experience in product management;
- Experience in a fast-growing B2C tech company, ideally in the financial services industry;
- Creative problem solver mindset with a data-driven and KPI-oriented approach using such tools as SQL, Python and Excel;
- Strong organisational, analytical & problem-solving skills;
- Solid track record of achievement (academic, professional, and/or sport);
- Entrepreneurial mindset and commitment to get hands dirty at all times;
- Hungry to stay up to date with regards to latest developments in the Nigerian FinTech and regulatory landscape;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Stage 1: Screening call of ~30 minutes with our HR & Talent Team
Stage 2: Case study (Role specific)
Stage 3: Technical interview of ~90 minutes with a PM
Stage 4: Product discussion of ~60 minutes with Rohan – CPO
Stage 5: Culture discussion of ~45 minutes with Laurin – Co-Founder and CEO
59 total views, 1 today