Full-Time Senior Software Engineer (Team Lead)- Lagos
FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets.
They started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
So far they disbursed over 1,000,000 microloans and give more than 7000 loans daily. They are backed by top notch US/EU investors and have raised 15m EUR + Venture Capital supporting our stellar growth. They are a team of +100 between Paris and Lagos in Engineering (Android, Data, Backend), Product, Marketing, Customer Service and Operations and they won’t rest before the FairMoney app is in the hand of millions.
- Start with the client 📊
Be passionate and optimize for our users, and care for our impact.
- Own, don’t rent 💥
We strive for ownership and don’t rest until what we own is accomplished.
Scientist mindset 👩🔬
Solve large challenges, break it into small pieces, make well reasoned conclusions.
Churn 9-5 🎯
Work should be something that you love and embrace * that you measure in tasks achieved, not hours completed.
- Fly High – Fly Low 🙌
We fly high to make big and bold plans – strategize.
We fly low and put our hands in the dirt to ensure the detailed high quality output of us and those that we manage.
- 70/30 ⚡
We value execution speed and making decisions with 70% of the available data and a 30% margin of error over 100% accuracy and being blocked by over-analysis.
- Direct Feedback 🤝
We don’t carry frustration with us but give direct feedback to our colleagues regularly to make sure we all improve and get better.
You will be working as our Senior Software Engineer in our Tech Division which is now composed of 15 people worldwide. You will be based in Lagos and working with our engineering team based in Paris.
Your mission is to develop new features for our customers based in emerging countries in order to improve the services of our Android application. Your goal is to build the new digital bank for emerging countries.
We are waiting for you to work on :
- Developing new features (ex: wallet),
- Decreasing the time spent fixing and maintaining already shipped features,
- Improving an infrastructure which can handle over 2M clients.
🔧 Our technical Stack
- Our customer product is an android application;
- It communicates with a Ruby on Rails backend (sidekiq, rspec);
- Our ML pipeline is an API-flask (Python);
- We are hosted on AWS: we use Elastic Beanstalk, a RDS Aurora mysql database, S3, Kinesis (data-stream, firehose);
- Prototype of a data warehouse on GCP (GCS, BigQuery, Cloud Composer);
- We have automated tests that run on Travis.
- You have
5 years of experience in backend, * You must have led a team of engineers for no less than 2 years – also handled mentoring and onboarding of new software developers,
- You must have led a technical project from specification to delivery,
- You are able to code in a backend languague (Ruby on Rails or Python or node.js or Go or Php or Java…)
- You have knowledge/ experience with AWS or GCP cloud providers,
- You are able to go to the most efficient solution,
- You know how to take initiatives.
- Technical Test – to ascertain that your wealthy experience aligns with what we need;
- Technical Interview & Peer Programming with 2 Senior Engineers in the team;
- Last call with Maud, our global HR Manager.
View & Apply
5 total views, 1 today