Full-Time Settlement and Reconcilliation Officer (Fin Tech Firm)
About Company: Our client is an Indigenous Fin Tech Startup providing innovative payment gateway solutions to service various businesses in Africa.
Job Summary: The Ideal candidate will be responsible for resolving all issues arising from electronic transactions and performing automated back-office processing such as dispute processing, settlement, reconciliation and reporting.
The focus of this position is to ensure daily/weekly/monthly reconciliation of all transactions and provide reconciliation reports as required
- Facilitate complete and accurate processing of settlement figures for all transactions/products by ensuring that required due diligence is performed.
- Ensure that all assigned reports are accurately and timely reconciled to show a true and fair view of processed transactions with partner organizations including banks, payment processing networks, and service providers, and respond to any dispute issues.
- Coordinate with team members to solve any issues faced by chargeback and settlement departments.
- Checking payment files to validate settlement of all financial transactions.
- Ensure daily processing of outgoing dispute actions and the on-time response of incoming disputes.
- Coordinate with banks to solve pending issues and reply to their inquiries.
- Perform daily and monthly reconciliation of financial transactions.
- Ensure the business is not exposed to any material risks emanating from reconciliation variances.
- Document processes, procedures, resolution guides, etc. for the settlement team.
- Contribute to financial reporting and balance sheet management.
- Perform daily and weekly revenue recognition and cost optimization exercises.
- Work with Compliance to design and maintain a process for reporting fraudulent activities to the appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, banking, or a related discipline
- Relevant certification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or have started qualification exams
- Previous experience working in the FinTech industry
- Proven experience as a problem solver who can resolve issues arising from online transactions timely and efficiently
- Passionate feelings towards solving problems and is focused on customer experience and outcomes
- Experience working with accounting software
- Strong communication and analytical skill
- Microsoft package proficiency
Competitive Base Pay+ Other Benefits
3 total views, 1 today