Full-Time Shipping And Customs Officer At Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited (scnl)
Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shipping and Customs Officer
Location: Rivers, Nigeria
About the Job
- Arrange, monitor and update Shipping and Customs activities to ensure that all goods are delivered to the final destination in a safe and timely manner in accordance with good practice and Projects / operations/fabrication/ Asset Management requirements..
- Participate in the preparation of specific procedures for Shipping, Customs and packing of goods
- Contribute to the preparation of technical enquiry package for Shipping and Customs services
- Assist the Shipping and Customs Manager in planning the Shipping and Customs activities of both Project and Assets Material
- Once the SF generated from either PO/DO, TR, TO is assigned, review scope and documentation, prepare the Transport Plan and define the best means of transport according to goods weights and dims, best transit route/time, required schedule and actual costs.
- Where the scope of the transport is fully covered by existing Transport Agreements and related price lists, assign the shipment to the freight forwarder who can guarantee the required services in the most efficient manner at the cheapest rate
- Where no TA could cover the scope of the transport or in specific circumstances (i.e. oversize/overweight materials, peculiar collection/destination locations, urgency etc.), with the authorization of the Shipping & Customs Manager, prepare through the transport instruction a dedicated PR to issue dedicated transport contract.
- Prepare the documents required to the execution of the Shipping and Customs activities, and required to fulfil import, export and transit formalities in accordance with applicable Customs rules and regulations
- Monitor the status of each shipment from goods collection up to actual completion, gather and check all shipping document duly signed and stamped to attest final receipt. Prepare the Service Entry Sheet in accordance with Transport Service Contract Documents
- Archive and maintain traceability of Shipping and Customs documents
- Support the material purchasing department to define budgets for transports and the best contractual delivery terms
- Provide feedback using Saipem available software on Owners, Freight Forwarders, Customs Agents performances.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science / Engineering / Logistics & Supply Chain Management or other relevant field.
- Minimum of about 3 to 5 years’ experience in shipping activities for the energy industry
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, including speaking, writing and active listening.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
26 total views, 1 today