Full-Time Site Engineer Job at Homeland Integrated Offshore Services
Homeland is a Real Estate Development & Construction Company in Lagos State and we invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Position: Site Engineer
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Head of Project
- Manage the daily log system on the cloud based information management system
- Develop weekly reports of the overall progress of work on site
- Supervise all the work purchases and contractors
- Develop and manage the quality assurance and quality control sign-off systems & Manage the external consultant sign-offs
- Manage the information timeline and quality assurance deliverables of the projects & Attend weekly/monthly management/site meetings
- Provide monthly progress reports across all projects
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for Inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in engineering fields such as chemical, electrical, or mechanical.
- Devices sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Receives technical and operational supervision from supervising construction engineer or assigned supervising discipline superintendent.
- Provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate construction engineers and others, as assigned.
- Jobsite contacts are with superintendents and subcontractor’s personnel associated with construction engineering.
- Continuous interfacing with client personnel, pertaining to negotiations on subcontract changes.
- Interface with the engineering design functional group to identify and resolve design- related issues as implemented in the field.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for the activities of assigned construction engineers, such as the application of drawings, specifications, and subcontracts.
- Directs preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment. Initiates requisitions for field purchases.
- Supervises preparation of construction drawings and schedules. Supervises design of temporary construction facilities and ensures preparation of “as built” drawings and other job plans.
- Assists subordinate construction engineers and superintendents in:
- Interpreting design drawings.
- Monitoring equipment installation and planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data.
- Administers assigned subcontracts to ensure contract remains up to date in areas such as drawings, specifications, cost and schedule.
- Coordinates with the Field Construction Manager on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Coordinates with engineering design on constructability issues.
- Supervises subcontractor work efforts and administers routine subcontract changes and interfaces with client personnel. May represent the company in contractual discussions and negotiations.
- Reviews and/or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
- Analyzes assigned construction activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
- Ensures that vendors’ bids for material and equipment are in conformance to specifications.
- Coordinates the interfacing between the construction automation plan and the project controls program at the jobsite. Reviews project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
- Performs personnel evaluation of assigned subordinate personnel and ensures they receive progressive training.
- May direct minimal numbers of manual craft field forces during project closeout.
- Works with various functions to ensure the project achieves corporate goals set for environmental, safety & health, quality, cost, and schedule.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Building Technology and Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or any related course will be an added advantage.
- NSE, COREN, CORBON, NIOB professional qualification is required and additional related qualifications will be a definite added advantage
- At least 5 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role in the construction industry.
- Must be Proficient in the use of Microsoft suites.
- Must be familiar with Local and International building standards.
- Must be able to Speak and write the English Language Fluently.
- Must be a team player and a manager of time, Limited resources and Human Capital.
- Must be articulate in interfacing with Contractors and various clients.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Real Estate industry.
- Must possess good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
- Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts.
- Candidates should reside within Lekki/Ajah Axis for easy proximity to the site.
- Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline, cost, scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or commercial complexes.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: using the Job Title as the subject of the
39 total views, 1 today