Full-Time Social Protection Programme Manager
About Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
Action Against Hunger is looking for to fill the role of Social Protection Programme Manager to contribute to the successful implementation of Child Development Grant Programme (CDGP) funded by Foreign Commonwealth Development Office (FCDO).
Proposed Start date: August 2021
Location: Abuja (with frequent travels to Jigawa and Kano)
Direct Line Manager: Head of Department Food Security and Livelihoods
Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 466,741 per month
- Oversee detailed planning and implementation of activities in collaboration with the consortium lead;
- Ensure program quality and adherence to program objectives, including respect of ACF technical guidelines, systems, and established deadlines;
- Support program budget design and updates; oversee budget monitoring and cash projections;
- Supervise the annual program procurement plan, and monitor monthly progress;
- Ensure a sound phase out strategy for the program;
- Supervise, review and lead technical assessments, surveys, design and M&E;
- Approve and support the development of project procurement and work plans;
- Conduct regular field visits, advise and provide regular technical support to field‐based program managers and staff;
- Ensure harmonization of program operating plans and protocols across the consortium, review tools and approaches, and ensure that technical standards, guidelines and methodologies are communicated and understood in coordination with the consortium lead’s technical advisors;
- Recruit, evaluate and coach program staff;
- Compile monthly program technical reports with an overview of activities and contextual updates and quantitative indicator follow‐up;
- Review reports and gauge program progress against logical framework, ensuring compliance with ACF internal and consortium reporting standards;
- Review program budget follow up with the Finance Coordinator to ensure adherence to work plan;
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program and the wider social protection sector at federal and state levels.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, Economics or another related field or a Master’s degree in International Development, Humanitarian Assistance, Rural Development, Food and Nutrition Policy, Economics or related field;
- 4 years’ experience in humanitarian or development contexts, with at least 1 year managing or coordinating a social protection or safety nets project in a similar context;
- Familiar with FCDO funded grants and budget management;
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills in English;
- Team management, budget management and representation experience;
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills, oral and written communications, and MS Office computer skills;
- Experience in assessment, monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience working with national teams.
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
The deadline for this position is Monday, August 9, 2021.
Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Powered by JazzHR
Action Against Hunger
17 total views, 1 today