Full-Time Software Engineer (Backend)
Cowrywise is a digital wealth management platform democratising access to savings and investment products for the underserved and growing millennials in Africa. Joining us means you are part of an interdisciplinary team with a lofty vision of building the next-generation wealth management platform for Africans.
We’re designing tools and infrastructure to help our current 250k users access, start and build savings and investment culture across different asset classes. We envision growing our user base to 10million by 2025. We are also committed to driving financial education and spreading the right finance knowledge to diverse strata of the society; formal, semi-formal and informal. This is why we need you.
About this position
We are looking for a Software Engineer (Backend) to help us as we scale out our engineering infrastructure, software, and services. Talk to us if you are interested in a fast-paced environment and if you are passionate about using technology to solve exciting problems.
Your role will involve:
Working within the engineering team to build new product features and enhancements, while solving some of the most interesting problems in financial analysis, machine learning, payments systems, and infrastructure scaling.
Building internal and external interfaces (API) for a diverse set of touchpoints, while also consuming other 3rd party interfaces.
Collaborating with product designers, product managers, and the rest of the team to bring to life new experiences for our customers.
Working on scaling our backend infrastructure on AWS, including writing automation scripts and technical documentation.
Contribute to raising our engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You would be a perfect fit if you have:
3+ years of experience developing backend software applications, web or mobile applications, and public-facing APIs.
Solid knowledge of writing software in Python. Good knowledge of Django and other Python frameworks will be an added advantage, including experience with caching, queuing, and asynchronous tasks and frameworks.
A good experience working with production apps on Linux environments and you’re not afraid of being dropped in front of a shell prompt.
Strong computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures background.
Experience with containers, and container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology, TDD, and release processes is a big advantage.
- Sound Knowledge of Python web frameworks (Django, Flask, Falcon)
- Working knowledge of Database Systems (Mysql, Postgres)
- Familiarity with using Linux commands (centos or ubuntu)
- Familiarity with uwsgi, gunicorn, nginx and apache
- Ability to use git
- Good understanding of REST principles and a fair understanding of building RESTful APIs with Django rest framework
- Familiarity with Oauth2 and JWT Authentication
- Bonus points for Celery, Redis, Memcache, Docker, RabbitMQ
If selected, you would have access to:
- Earn in the top 10% of the industry benchmark.
- Work with some of the smartest engineering talents and compassionate people building the next-generation personal wealth management tools.
- 21 days paid leave and 13th-month salary
- Fully-funded all-round health insurance
- 10% employer’s pension contribution
- An exciting opportunity to network vertically and horizontally with different businesses across the diverse sectors we interact with
- Free lunch, data allowance, and other benefits.
38 total views, 1 today