Full-Time Standard Bearers School (SBS) Recruitment for a Science Teacher
Standard Bearers School (SBS) was established at a time when the educational system in Nigeria was going through a difficult phase.
SBS is a family school that offers holistic education to parents seeking a technology-driven, 21st-century education for their children. We are lifelong learners who belong to a community where all individuals are valued and supported on their journey to self-discovery.
At SBS, we are committed to giving our students a solid foundation and an excellent start to life. Hence, we encourage and guide them to become independent, confident, and responsible members of the community
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Science Teacher
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The general purpose of the class teacher is to develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives.
- The class teacher facilitates learning by establishing good relationships with students and by the effective utilization of learning resources and the classroom learning environment.
- He/she plans, organises, and implements an appropriate instructional programme that guides and encourages pupils to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
- Create daily lesson plans and learning activities for students based on school standards in science education and research and knowledge of developmental behaviors.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Organize the classroom and learning resources to inspire positive learning.
- Supervise students throughout the day, both in the classroom and outside during breaks.
- Deliver high-quality, engaging instruction in the form of discussion, direct teaching, demonstrations, and independent practice using a variety of proven methods.
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs.
- Assign and grade classwork, homework, tests, and assignments.
- Differentiate lessons when needed to give all students access to the curriculum regardless of disability, instructional level, English proficiency, or level of interest in the subject.
- Evaluate student performance on tasks established by the standards using different methods such as observation, performance-based tasks, or other standard test practices.
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and supportive classroom by modeling expected behavior and standards, promoting positive interactions, and quickly addressing behaviors that are not in line with the school discipline plan.
- Communicate with parents regarding student progress, potential, and behavior periodically through phone or electronic means and at parent and teacher conferences.
- Improve skills and knowledge in teaching by regularly taking classes, attending workshops, and discovering new methods of delivering exciting content to students.
- Candidates must be hardworking and enthusiastic professionals with excellent subject knowledge.
- Candidates must possess a first Degree preferably in Education and the relevant teaching subject (B.Sc. Ed/B.Ed./PGCE).
- Candidates with Masters Degrees in Education have an advantage.
- Candidates with teaching experience in an international school environment are preferred.
- Candidates must possess at least 3-5 years of cognate experience.
- Possess above average writing and oral skills with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and team skills.
- The candidate must be committed to helping children learn effectively in a secured environment.
- Must be an enthusiastic, imaginative, and energetic individual capable of gaining the full potential from each child.
- Must be computer savvy, well-groomed with the use of Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and other learning platforms
- The teacher must have good writing and oral skills as this will be tested.
- The candidate must be able to build children’s vocabulary.
- Prospective candidates must be highly motivated.
- Individuals with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring pupils to love learning and subject area.
- Responsibility, Adaptability, Patience, Resourcefulness, Creativity, and a good sense of humor.
- Must be warm towards children.
- A Disciplined and good listener.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
11 total views, 2 today