Full-Time Structural Engineer Job at Menzon Nigeria Limited
Menzon Limited – Our client, JAMUB Group (www.jamubgroup) is a Group of Company with vast interest in the area of Construction, General Contracting and Supplies, Consultancy Management, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Pharmaceutical, Properties and Estate Development. Jamub Property is a subsidiary of Jamub Group, a reputable Real Estate company with the aim to make available to Nigerian’s quality and affordable residential, commercial and office accommodation, thereby creating a virile real estate sector and contributing to national development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Structural Engineer
Job Location: Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Field: Engineering/Technical
- We are looking to hire a Structural Engineer
. Successful candidates will be responsible for overseeing the effective implementation and construction of the plan design for any project. * He will offer advice in the planning, coordination, and supervision of all technical aspects of the construction site, managing, developing, and maintaining construction projects, conducting on-site investigations, and overseeing all building-related activities.
- Successful Applicant will be involved in solving technical issues, supervising construction workers, and analyzing data as well as assessing potential risks
- Managing, designing, developing, and maintaining small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Monitoring progress and compile reports in project status
- Providing advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies.
- Planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities.
- Working with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyze results of soil sample tests for damage control purposes.
- Providing technical recommendations on construction materials, sites, and infrastructure
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations and risk assessment
- Liaising with the site coordinator and architects on project sites
- Compiling job specifications and supervising tendering procedures
- Resolving design and development problems
- Making sure the project complies with legal and industry technical requirements.
- Conduct on-site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of building projects
- Managing, directing, and monitoring construction progress during each phase of a project
- Drawing up blueprints, using computer-aided design packages and software to get the appropriate results.
- Ensuring compliance with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc. and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
- Oversee infrastructural design on all Company’s projects including roads or retail schemes and maintain the character of sites for natural beauty.
- Liaise with the Architects to assess site potential and establish general landscape requirements.
- Liaise with the structural and geotechnical engineer to investigate ground conditions and safe designs; and their fit for the aesthetical concept of the specific project
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering. An MEng or professional certificate will be advantageous.
- At least 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role within a construction company
- Must be a member of COREN or other professional industry regulatory body.
- Experience in project management, process redesign, and analytical skills are all valuable.
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualization software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D etc.
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approval
- Project management and supervision skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercially aware and capable of working well within a team environment.
- Sound mathematician with technical skills including physics.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter attached, to: using “Application For Position of Structural Engineer” as the subject of the email.
Note: Kindly ensure that your CV is saved with your full name.
7 total views, 1 today