Part-Time Supply Partner Manager – West Africa Cluster
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure Cluster alignment with group strategic intent for all Supply Partnership models.
- Support the regional vision and objectives for all Supply Partnership models.
- Drive Supply Partners’ Performance in the Cluster
- Manage Supply Chain activities within the Property space end-to-end
- Responsible for facilitating the cluster partnership between the Bank and the Supply Partners
- Accountable to the Cluster Property Head for all third party suppliers (excluding landlords) in terms of compliance, performance and change management.
- Resolves performance management escalation at a cluster level through the supply partner.
- Accountable to Regional SPM to ensure in-Cluster management of suppliers is within the Group’s vendor management policy and SPM processes.
- Responsible for evidencing supply partner’s compliance with group policies, procedures and standards
- Accountable for administering, monitoring and/or tracking agreed processes ensuring effective contract management
- Specifically, responsible for ensuring all on boarding of new suppliers is compliant with the Group Procurement Policy and Group Staff Screening Policy.
- Responsible for resolving in-cluster risk issues with supply partners.
- Responsible for resolving performance management issues at a cluster level.
- Responsible for managing cluster financial and commercial matters in alignment with contractual agreements.
- Responsible for managing contractual implication of change requests including financial re-baselining
- Facilitate the cluster partnership between the bank and the Supply Partner
- Cluster point of escalation between the bank and supply partner.
- Manage financial and commercial matters in alignment with glidepath and contractual agreements.
- Cluster point of escalation between the bank and the supply partner
- Collaborate with SCM to identify supply chain optimisation opportunities and recommend solutions which add value to the bank.
- Drive implementation of periodic reviews. Analyse and validate Supply Partner monthly/quarterly governance reports.
- Analyse performance data (including. KPIs and Performance dashboards) and agree action plan for identified gaps.
- Monitor contract financials (including invoice review and validation). Provide approvals for above IRL threshold requests.
- Provide necessary validation for e-procurement aligning with agreed process for managing agent vendors and out of scope activity.
- Conduct comprehensive periodic sampling (e.g. IRL tracking) and review against deliverables
- Perform sample testing of data underpinning key metrics.
- Drive procurement process for managing agent vendors fulfilling requirements of the Vendor Management Framework
- Interpret and disseminate bank policies, standards etc for Supply Partner where required. With Process and policy owners, evidence compliance with group policies, procedures and standards (TPRM, GSSP, Data Security etc.).
- Own process to identify compliance gaps and track action plans to close gaps. Ensure compliance with NEW and Subcontractor on boarding obligations
- Coordinate and request support from hub resources (workplace etc.) as required
- Advise governance bodies on key risks, the effectiveness of mitigants and controls, and alignment of residual risks with appetite
- Ensure at all times operations in workplace functions are audit ready
- Ensure governance model is in place for entire supply chain (excluding landlords) within cluster. Collaborate with GSCS to identify in-cluster supply chain optimisation opportunities and recommend solutions which add value to the bank.
- Participate in material sub-contract reviews across the Cluster
As a process owner for Contract Management Activity, the cluster SPM is designated as first or second line of defense under our Group Operational risk framework and as such is responsible for managing risks within the area of responsibility. Prescribed responsibilities include;
- Periodically check the effectiveness of controls performed by supply partners ensuring assurance mechanisms are firmly embedded
- Ensure all material risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported
- Ensure applicable external laws and regulations and internal policies, procedures, limits and other risk control requirements are implemented and complied with
- Propose control enhancements to ensure that any known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries and to consistent standards
- Align business (or functional) strategy with risk appetite and seek to optimise the risk-return profile of the business
- Set the right tone for the risk management culture of the team in internal communications and performance objectives
Ensure that an effective program of control reviews and sample testing is embedded and that verifies that process(s) under Supply Partner Manager’s remit are operating as designed and controls are working effectively.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Cluster SPM Function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matter
- Cluster HoP
- Country Head of Property’s (CHoPs) in Cluster
- Regional Head, SPM, AME
Other Responsibilities As defined by Cluster Head of Property, Regional Head of SPM.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.
59 total views, 1 today