Full-Time Sustainability And Systems Development Advisor At Jhpiego Nigeria
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Sustainability and Systems Development Advisor
Position Reports to: State Team Lead
- With the leadership and supervision of the State team lead, the Sustainability and Systems Development Advisor, will lead effort to increase capacity of State and local government authorities and relevant Stakeholders to sustain program efforts beyond project duration.
- S/He will provide technical assistance to government and private sector to effectively engage in domestic resource mobilization, put in place sustainable financing and accountability mechanisms, and make progress towards subnational health goals.
- Build functional collaboration with the State MOH/SACA/SPIU to ensure on-going health reforms are translated into state and local governments systems and plans.
- Under supervision of the STL, oversee the development of project sustainability and transition plan for the state.
- Lead on sustainability and program transition to government stakeholders in the State.
- In consultation with government stakeholders, design, and plan for innovative financing mechanisms to transfer health workers and other key interventions to government funding in the future.
- Working with the project staff, build the capacity of state and local government HIV/AIDS management structures in leadership and management for a coordinated HIV/AIDS response
- Liaise with project technical teams to review and revise activity designs to ensure maximum sustainability and ability to be transitioned to local actors.
- Assess both needs and capacity of government entities to take on funding and management of HIV interventions.
- Provides health financing technical assistance to State activities of the project, working with other technical staff and state government institutions as per project requirements.
- Collaborate with State government officials, implementing partners, and other stakeholders in driving implementation of national and sub-national HCF strategies to strengthen PHC systems.
- Support the conduct of assessments of current user fees among PLHIV with a view to informing the design of interventions to reduce or eliminate these fees in the future.
- Guides and supports research, data collection, policy formulation, training, and capacity building efforts in support of project activities and deliverables.
- Ensures quality of services and compliance per project/program requirements.
- Organizes as needed project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Represent project at the State level on matters of health systems strengthening.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Public Health, Sociology, or related Health, Medical or Social Science discipline; Master’s-level Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- 7+ years’ experience working at a senior level on health systems strengthening including health planning, health financing, human resources for health, and decentralization of health services in a public or private organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relations
- Excellent facilitation skills’ supporting decentralized entities to translate policies into strategic plans for implementation.
- Excellent writing and communications skills,
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: using “Sustainability and Systems Development Advisor” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as One Single Word document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
19 total views, 1 today