Part-Time System Engineer Job at Proxynet Communications
Proxynet Communications is an Information Technology Company focusing on Systems Integrations, Network Security / disaster recovery Solution, Enterprise Software Solutions. Our businesses are strongly channeled to providing integrated, turnkey, technology solutions to the financial, manufacturing, telecommunications, government, Oil and blue chip sectors in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: System Engineer
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are searching for an innovative, deadline-driven technical engineer to join our company.
- To be successful as a technical engineer, you should be meticulous, efficient, and have sound knowledge of the relevant engineering discipline
. * Outstanding candidates are team players with exemplary problem-solving abilities.
- Complete configuration, installation and support of equipment in a Microsoft Windows, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Linux-based environments to the specifications of client’s needs
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer related issues by providing both on-site and remote support
- Maintaining software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established organizational objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Up to date reporting on issues and resolutions to ensure proper case status tracking.
- Supporting the engineering team during planning, design, development, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting processes..
- Manage IT related projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Client-facing experience
- Four Years experience as a System Engineer
- Proper understanding of Audio/Visual signal transmission via standard interfaces
- Good knowledge of Networking (IP Address, Cisco router etc.)
- In-depth understanding of Audio/Visual and Network cabling and connectors, e.g. HDMI, DVI, DP, HDBaseT, CATX RJ45, RGB/VGA, Component, RF
- Understanding of how LCD/LED Displays work
- Good hand-on experience on how to troubleshoot & repair computer systems
- Well-grounded experience on how to troubleshoot & fix network issues
- Media presentation and formatting of content using relevant software tools
- Technical, analytical, interpersonal and organization skills required
- Proper understanding of Audio/Visual Technologies, etc.
- Associated Diploma or University Degree
- Cisco, CompTIA and/or Microsoft Professional Certification
- Excellent working knowledge of up-to-date desktop applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Servers 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, Workstations, MS Exchange, VMware, Citrix, anti-virus and other various software applications.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: or using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
33 total views, 1 today